Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position will lead a team of Sales and Key account managers focused on developing and maintaining a strong pipeline of new customer business to meet the corporation's aggressive growth targets. This position will also have specific account manager responsibilities in addition to its manager role. This position is responsible for maximizing sales and profit for their targeted customers, and drives the strategic development of the accounts through strong customer relationship management and innovative product and solution selling – all in support of JTEKT's short and long term Hoshin and mid-term plan sales goals.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
• This individual will be expected to prepare and present the segment's business plan, including strategy and tactics necessary to win. Other expectations will include developing the skill set of their associates.
• Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales team, while maintaining focus on the company's strategic goals.
• Achieve segment sales forecasts and monitor the team forecasting activities to confirm demand is being updated monthly using the SVCN process.
• Works with the Director of Sales Ind OE to establish performance goals for all sales associates and monitors performance on a continual basis.
• Develops and improves business relations with all customers of the Company, both external and internal.
• Works with the Director of Sales Ind OE to develop and implement an effective strategic sales plan, sales forecasts, marketing plans and materials etc. required to effectively and profitably grow assigned customers.
• Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with key leaders and contacts within the customer base.
• Leads and influences a successful team of Sales account managers.
• A portion of the Segment Manager position will be spent in the Account Manager role.
• Monitor, analyze sales and market trends, have full understanding of competitive landscape.
• Attracts, retains, trains, and motivates a diverse sales team.
• Collaborates closely with the Product, Marketing and Engineering teams on developing new products and services for our clients.
• Supports monthly Leadership reporting.
• Develops and maintains Segment level Dashboard and manages with it.
• Visits to the engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing sites of assigned customers.
• Provides technical assistance in systematic problem solving initiatives; communicates and/or collaborates with internal departments/customers as necessary.
• Reviews and monitors product development activities to ensure that the customer's expectations are met and/or exceeded.
• Documents and reports as appropriate, sales results, requirements, market trends, variances etc.
• Direct and assist team members to:
Prospect on an ongoing basis
Expand business within existing accounts
Develop new accounts
• This position manages a team of Sales and Key Account Managers.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of bearing, steering or driveline products and industrial applications.
• Experience in Tier 1 business practices and relationship with OE.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
• Strong business planning, project management and organizational skills.
• Strong team leader.
• Solid computer skills with working knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Positive, tenacious, customer-oriented, innovative, team builder focused on continuous improvement of all facets of the company.
• Willingness to travel as required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors in Engineering or Business.
• Five (5) plus years of experience.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is mostly performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards, and with substantial time spent working on a computer. Requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
• The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
• Travel by automobile and plane required approximately 50% of time.