The NBA is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Segment Marketing Strategist. As part of the Marketing Strategy team, the individual will help develop and design global strategies to grow and nurture our leagues’ various fan segments, including, but not limited to, Youth, Hispanic, African-American and international markets. This individual will also be responsible for helping to develop marketing strategies to grow the NBA’s presence in the Fantasy Sports and Gaming space.
- Identify, develop and manage marketing strategies to build engagement with key fan segments including Youth, Hispanic and African-Americans.
- Support global youth marketing & engagement efforts, including managing youth-related projects, identifying and recommending strategic partnerships and working across all NBA regions.
- Ensure all stakeholders understand and are aligned around youth engagement strategy & priorities when working with internal and external audiences.
- Partner closely with the Jr. NBA/Youth Basketball Development team to market key initiatives and platforms including, Jr. NBA Week, Jr. NBA programs and Jr. NBA World Championship.
- Partner with the research team on insights across all fan segments to help inform strategies and develop actionable plans
- Support marketing strategy for key platforms including, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Black History Month and Noches éne•bé•a
- Develop marketing strategy and support for fantasy & gaming products and platforms
- Work in collaboration with marketing peers and other NBA departments to support and drive key fan segment & fantasy/gaming initiatives
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Strong experience in traditional and non-traditional marketing strategy
- Expertise in consumer behavior and ability reach audiences with specific and relevant messages
- Experience with consumer segment marketing and youth marketing is key.
- Experience working on messaging, naming and identity systems.
- Ability to work under demanding deadlines and within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Resourceful and collaborative with internal groups, as well as external partners.
- Detail oriented with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- 4-5 years of marketing related work experience
- Marketing strategy and international marketing experience a plus.
- Sports and entertainment experience a plus.
- Bilingual – Spanish & English is a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
REQ ID: 662