The Marketing Communication Department (MarCom) oversees all marketing strategies for UMB and its subsidiaries, including strategic corporate communication, interactive marketing, special events for associates and customers, multimedia production and community relations. We strive to provide high-quality strategic consultation, expertise and unparalleled client service to all we serve.
As the Segment Marketing Manager, you will work with Retail Banking and Private Wealth Management Segment Lead to cultivate fulfill the strategic needs of UMB Private Wealth Management and Private Banking. This mid-level manager position actively develops and drives specific segment(s) plans with oversight from the B:C Segment Lead. You will partner collaboratively and cross-functionally with MarCom teams and other departments to fulfill plan deliverables across channels on time and on budget. This manager will need to develop a deep understanding of segment behaviors, industry trends, and the competitive landscape to proactively provide education and strategic consultation to stakeholders and collaborative partners. This Segment Marketing Manager understands how the line of business services, products, solutions, and implementation and customer experience/care model meet the needs of the segment.
Being a UMBer is unlike working at any other company. You are not only valued for the work that you do, but who you are. You’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work, being valued for exactly who you are. You’ll also have the opportunity to serve your community alongside your team. At UMB, we do big business, but we don’t forget that the little things matter the most.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Develop marketing strategies and tactics that help the LOB meet their objectives
- Educate internal MarCom team and cross-functional partners on audience behaviors that will drive impactful channel execution
- Drive Collaboration of MarCom plan deliverables across channels with cross-team members
- Work in partnership with Delivery Manager to ensure all projects are completed on time and on budget
- Identify strategic opportunities to increase market value to the LOB, with measurable KPIs
- Guide execution of strategies and marketing campaigns through the Marketing Operations and External Communication/Content teams, and/or external vendor ecosystem to meet LOB strategic objectives
- Complete informative Creative Briefs including goals/objectives, audience detail, key messages, wire frames, outlines, content recommendations, etc.
- Work with Product Development Team, and other cross-functional teams as appropriate, to assist with planning & development of new and evolved products, platforms, and delivery channels
- Ensure KPIs are set, tracked, analyzed and measured for marketing initiatives
- Utilize results to provide insight and meaning to evolve and refine marketing strategy and recommendations
- Assist with budget development and manage marketing activities within budgets
- Provide appropriate marketing consultation for segment needs at the market and regional level
- Consult with key leadership and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- May manage professional staff, if necessary.
We’re excited to talk with you if you have:
- 8 -10 years of progressively more responsible position in marketing
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
- Financial Services background desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience
- Experience with leveraging KPIs for strategic decisioning and guidance
- Ability to track and analyze competitive activities
- Understands segmentation and experience using segmentation in marketing planning
- Experience with variety of marketing distribution channels (multi-channel marketing)
- Experience working in a matrix environment, and/or leading initiatives through cross-functional project teams.
- Demonstrates editing, written and verbal skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills/successful prioritization (ability to multi-task)