As a Segment Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of Flatiron-led or affiliated projects by developing, implementing and monitoring environmental plans and programs.
- Manage the Environmental and Permitting requirements for a Segment / County of the High Speed Rail.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Contract Specifications, Government Approvals/Environmental Permits, and the Environmental Commitments (CEQA/NEPA) for the Project.
- Integrating with the construction and design teams during design preparation phase through to completion of the construction phase, to ensure project compliance with the environmental requirements.
- Managing the production of CEQA/NEPA reviews and documentation or Government Approvals/Permits. Authoring supporting documentation for amendments to government approvals as needed.
- Manage State and Federal Waters Permitting (404, 401, and 1600)
- ESA (ITP and BO amendment preparation)
- Prepare and review notifications and supporting documentation for Contract changes
- Analyze, manage and mitigate environmental risks for the Project.
- This position requires a BS in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, Ecosystem Management, Natural Resources & Conservation, or related field (MS preferable)
- Five or more years of experience with environmental management and regulations that apply to large infrastructure projects, including the National Environmental Policy Act, California Environmental Quality Act, Clean Air Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, and Clean Water Act
- Endangered Species Act (California and Federal) experience is strongly preferred.
- Conducting federal and state environmental impact assessments, wetland delineations, or threatened and endangered species surveys;
- Preparation of environmental plans such as wetland mitigation plans, threatened & endangered species mitigation plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), or Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure(SPCC) Plans; California Environmental Quality Act documentation;
- Preparation of environmental permit applications, such as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 wetlands permitting, Section 401 Water Quality Certification permitting, or National Pollutant Discharge
- Elimination System (NPDES) discharge permitting, California Department of Fish and Wildlife Lake and Streambed Alteration agreement permitting
- Valued but not required skills and experience: site assessments phase I / II, familiarity with ArcGIS to develop interactive maps, and experience with dust/air regulation.
Some of the benefits you can expect as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program