As a Project Manager, you juggle multiple client engagements and collaborate with the entire Segal Benz team including consultants, editors, designers, web developers and operations as well as external partners such as printers and web developers. Your work is the cornerstone to making an immediate impact on our clients and their employees. You are partnered with a seasoned Senior Project Manager to coordinate the efforts of others to deliver outstanding results. You are a proactive perfectionist and creative problem solver. You live by the mantra ‘no rest until the job is delivered and the client is delighted.’ You have the utmost professionalism and respect for confidentiality. You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Client Engagement
- Create strong, ongoing relationships with multiple clients, becoming their preferred resource for on time, on budget, on point deliverables.
- Become familiar with a client’s Brand; Businesses/Business Partners and locations (for distribution); Internal communication channels; Project goals and priorities; Vendor partners; Communication style/preferences; and benefits offerings.
- Coordinate and participate in brainstorm sessions.
- Express your perspective with confidence.
- Contribute to pitching the client on new campaign pieces or formats.
- Contribute to extending and expanding opportunities with current clients.
- Leverage the financial tools for efficiency and scalable solutions.
- Partner with the Consultant and Senior Project Managers to manage financial processes, develop proposals/estimates and track budgets.
- Ensure overall profitability of client engagements by managing scope and expectations as outlined in the statement of work.
- Be comfortable surfacing out-of-scope discussions internally with a solution mindset.
- Provide consultants with the details needed for successful out-of-scope discussions with clients.
- Co-lead ongoing internal client financial health check-in discussions.
- Responsible for client budget reconciliations, tracking and logging cost of goods sold, and partnering with accounting on revenue recognition process.
- Run budget reports & validate the revenue recognition data.
- Embody Segal Benz’s culture of collaboration, passion and creativity.
- Work in partnership with Senior Project Managers and Consultants on projects from end to end.
- Translate all conversations/meetings into concise, actionable notes, providing client-ready as well as internal versions as needed.
- Reach out proactively to team members to troubleshoot potential issues that could place a project at risk.
- Routinely check-in with team members to review all work in progress, map out next steps and address any potential challenges ahead.
- Bring together cross-departmental teams and lead them to deliver flawlessly.
- Share client feedback on materials in a constructive, timely manner.
- Review all work before sending out for client review and conduct a final proof before sending to print and/or posting online.
- Support team members as needed to deliver on our commitments.
- Manage vendor relationships, budgets and work quality.
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree with 8+ years of professional experience, ideally within the industry.
- Design training/background or experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Microsoft Office, Teamwork, Time management software, Outlook, Google Apps.
- Familiarity with or understanding of offset printing process.
- Familiarity with or understanding of web design/build/UX and developing web trends.
- Familiarity with or understanding of video production and voice over.
- Familiarity with or understanding of project budgeting and maintenance
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility and comfort with clients about your (our) project management savvy.
- Ingrained focus on balancing details with big picture view.
- Convey professionalism and confidence in client and group settings.
- Passion for creating understanding, emotional connection and action through helping to marry content and design.
- Hunger to learn: client business and style; Segal Benz business, processes and resources.
- Drive to contribute to process improvement.
- Flexible, agile, optimistic with a desire for ongoing learning.
- Team oriented, validates team capacity and resources before making any client commitments.
- Facility with data analytics and familiarity with Google analytics.
- Pride in quality of deliverables, ability to push back internally if quality lacking.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Ability and willingness to meet the needs of clients—when and where they need us.