$80K — $100K *
The Compliance Administrator will coordinate and enforce the seed trade compliance program at PanAmerican Seed. They will work with internal and external partners and vendors to ensure successful compliance with the rules and regulations of international trade for horticulture seed products.
Job Responsibilities and Description:
• Maintaining and revising policies and procedures for operation of the compliance program under direction of Seed Compliance Leadership Team.
• Ensuring that compliance policies and procedures are followed, and that behavior of stakeholders meets the minimum company standards of conduct.
• Providing regulatory, life cycle and risk management administration and direction for horticulture seed products and related technologies.
• Executing activities leading to international regulatory compliance and liability avoidance concerning existing and new products, and technologies including but not limited to Pest Risk Assessments, phytosanitary additional declaration database and seed related regulatory accreditation programs.
• Assessing and executing global regulatory compliance and risk management for products, markets, and technologies in collaboration with the Seed Compliance Leadership Team and stakeholders.
• Developing, expanding, and applying specialized understanding of local, state, federal, and international regulations, to horticultural seed products and technologies. Primary point of contact for compliance related government agencies.
• Effectively managing regulatory, risk assessment documentation such as phytosanitary certificates, additional declarations, official sampling, Pest Risk Assessments, regulatory strategy, product composition, and quality management systems.
• Providing timely direction, training and guidance to the internal and external partners, vendors and customers regarding regulatory compliance, declarations, labeling, claims, change management and new or emerging regulations.
• Managing compliance related communication with various departments in an efficient manner. Contribute to regulatory decisions and communications to Seed Compliance Leadership Team.
• High-level computer skills to support advanced SAP functions and transactions.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills including database design and administration.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to work well independently and in a team.
• Ability to understand or learn about complex business processes, roles, responsibilities and dependencies within the business process.
• Experience speaking with jurisdictions about international trade policy is a plus, not required.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in regulatory affairs, compliance, environmental sciences, laboratory, quality and/or technical environment (private, public, government or military).
• Additional beneficial qualifications include experience in regulatory and compliance affairs in agriculture, seed crops, biological and/or chemical products. Strong communication, project management and leadership skills with global and cross-functional teams.
• Experience with corporate quality, regulatory, commercialization, change management and risk management systems
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic or international
Valid through: 2/19/2021