The Security Training & Hiring Manager works under the direction of the Executive Director of Security to facilitate consistent hiring and onboarding practices as well as training and development for the Security Department. The Security Training & Hiring Manager is responsible for the effective recruiting and onboarding of qualified candidates, issuing and accounting for uniforms and duty gear, and overseeing the training and development program for the Security Department. Conducts specific job competency-based training for Security personnel, oversees scheduling and facilitating training classes, managing the Field Training Officer Program, and Computer Based Learning (CBL) modules. Supports Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in presenting and facilitating training classes, and tracks mandatory licensure and hospital required education. Serves as the Department Quartermaster and upholds the Organization’s mission, vision, values, and service standards while actively participating in outstanding customer service and maintaining relationship that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, able to speak and present in front of groups, with heavy emphasis on Customer Service.
- Intermediate computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and the ability to operate security and training management software, and physical security systems (including, but not limited to CCTV, access control, license plate recognition, duress alarms, etc.).
- Strong organization skills and ability to learn quickly and utilize analytical skills and problem-solving skills necessary to develop curriculum with pre and post testing materials.
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to assist development of budgets at the department level.
- Ability to compile, review and summarize federal, state and local laws and regulations that affect the safe and secure operation of AdventHealth
- Reasoning skills include: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment that includes frequent interruptions, changes in priorities, and under stress.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Creative, self-directed and takes initiative in developing educational programs.
- Compliance with maintaining confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients, visitors and/or employees.
- Knowledge and experience in Hospital Incident Command System (HICS), up to, and including FEMA ICS-300 Certification. (Preferred)
- Familiarity with all hospital security related functions. (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in Security, Law Enforcement, or an equivalent program.
- Five years’ experience in Security, Law Enforcement, or the Military with heavy customer service.
- Two years of training experience to include developing lesson plans, facilitating training sessions, and assessing training needs.
- Two years of recruiting experience, knowledge of related employment law, conducting interviews, extending offers and onboarding new hires
- Supervisory experience
- Master’s degree in business administration or relevant field (Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, etc.). (Preferred)
- Prior experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Access Control and CCTV systems(Preferred)
- First Responder Training(Preferred)
- Hazmat Training(Preferred)
- Quartermaster (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- State of Florida Class E driver’s license and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth policy
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), and/or Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) (Preferred)
- IAHSS Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) (Preferred)
- Florida State Security class D License (Preferred)
- Florida State Security class DI License (Preferred)
- American Heart Association Basic Lifesaver (BLS) Course Instructor (Preferred)
- Certified TASER Instructor (Preferred)
- Certified Baton Instructor (Preferred)
- Certified OC Gel/Spray Instructor (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Conducts new & existing employee security education. Provides hospital department training and in-service education on security related topics.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, manages the hiring process for the Security Department.
- Sources top candidates, opens requisitions, and interviews all qualified candidates
- Makes final hiring decisions and extends offers of employment
- Ensures new employee onboarding process is efficient and effective
- Coordinates new hire training, and the issuance of uniforms and equipment.
- Develops, maintains, monitors, and continuously improves Security Officer & Security Leadership Training ensuring compliance with AdventHealth Security Department Policies, Procedures, Licensing, and the Physical Environment Security Management System requirements as outlined by DNV-NIAHO. Works with Physical Environment Committee discipline owners to develop appropriate education for Security Officers related to assigned job tasks outside of normal security education protocol.
- Develops working knowledge of the E-Learning process in order to track and document employee completion of required CBLs and other educational processes.
- Evaluates training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts. Amends and revises materials, as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur. Provides ongoing evaluation of education programs including the development of methods to measure quality and skills testing that will allow for structured feedback to users.
- Actively participates, as an instructor or facilitator, or arranges for and supports other Subject Matter Experts in presenting training classes.
- Serves as the Security Department’s Quartermaster by issuing and accounting for all uniforms and equipment.
- Assist / support in the selection and oversight of “Field Training Officers”. Coordinates the Field Training Program and ensures proper documentation and follow up of training.
- Assists with budget preparation, analyzes financial statements, and takes necessary actions to control and reduce costs. Ensures adequate supplies are available and within budget constraints for assigned areas.
- Participates in hospital non-clinical education meetings and contributes input toward the educational aspects of new policy implementation.