- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in technical program management on security or software engineering programs.
- 3 years of security experience such as vulnerability management, incident management, security assessments (e.g. audits, threat modeling, red teaming) or security development (e.g., products, features, tooling).
About the job
- Experience with security research, fuzzing, hardware, bug bounty programs and/or vulnerability remediation.
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering and leadership teams like Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Security Engineers, and Software Engineers.
- Experience with the Android operating system, Linux kernel, Android app development, and firmware design.
- Experience with security for physical devices (e.g., mobile phones, vehicles, wearables)
- Experience leading projects developing security products, tooling, or infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical programs, and identify technical risks.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Security, you'll use your technical expertise to help secure the Android device ecosystem. You will collaborate closely with internal and external partners to define and drive key security initiatives. And, thanks to Google's industry leading benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you'll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another. Responsibilities
- Manage and scale security engineering programs by defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
- Understand the end-to-end solution and implementation path in order to execute large, complex security programs.
- Coordinate between a multitude of cross-functional teams and set clear expectations about responsibilities to internal and external customers.
- Exercise design and architecture related knowledge to develop and drive technical solutions alongside engineering teams.
- Advocate security technologies and initiatives with both internal and external partners.