The Harris Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business Area is a recognized, vibrant, and growing organization providing unsurpassed engineering, management, operations, implementation, and information solutions for worldwide Air Traffic Control. We are in the forefront of the FAA's NextGen Airspace Modernization Programs and international Air Traffic Control Systems initiatives. This work includes modernizing from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management, improving communications between pilots and air traffic controllers enabling more efficient operations and reducing communications errors and radio congestion, and developing leading-edge concepts in all dimensions of air traffic control.
This position will be responsible for designing and implementing security aspects of this and related programs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for one or more of the following tasks: design security systems;
- Perform security system trade studies
- Analyze FAA ATO ISS requirements and derive system and subsystem requirements
- Conduct NIST risk management framework analysis
- Support the integration, testing, and fielding of these systems;
- Document security procedures;
- Support security related activities for a mission critical air traffic control system.
- Plan, research and design robust securityarchitectures various systems and subsystems
- Conduct risk analyses and security assessments
- Lead vulnerability testing
- Research security standards, security systems and authentication protocols
- Develop requirements for applications, servers, system hardware, local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related network devices
- Review test plans and procedures to ensure that requirements are verified
- Provide technical guidance to a team of security administrators
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 6-10 years’ experience in system security design or securityarchitecture
- Experience developing and executing risk assessment procedures
- Experience in system troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Hands-on experience with VMware, Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms
- Understanding of networkarchitecture, components, and related security aspects
- Knowledge of security concepts related to routing, authentication, VPN, and proxy services
- Experience with security products such as Sourcefire, OSSEC, Splunk, ASA firewall, and NESSUS
Preferred Additional Skills:
- CISSP, Security+
- Experience with the FAA is a plus
- Possess strong initiative with an ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, and strong interpersonal and written communication skills'