Location 5140 W. Goldleaf Circle
Los Angeles, CA 90056
United StatesEmployee Type Full Time ExemptMinimum Experience 5 YearsMaximum Experience 10 YearsManage Others No
LinQuest is seeking a Security Specialist to join our team in Los Angeles. The Security Specialist will be responsible for all disciplines within special access and collateral security as well as provide support to the Security Department and various DoD programs.
The Security Specialist will work directly with the Deputy Director of Security, Facility Security Officers (FSOs) and Contractor Special Security Officers (CSSOs) onpersonnel security matters, security requirements, processes and procedures.
The individual will be responsible for performing disciplines within security to include (but not limited to): personnel security for all access levels, security clearance pre-screening activities, physical security, visitor control, providing access briefings, completing/submitting access paperwork, conducting annual security audits to ensure compliance, and government directive implementation.
- Develop, update, administer implement and enforce security plans, instructions, policies, requirements and guidance
- Personnel security duties utilizing JPAS, DISS, and ACCS to include; verifying access eligibility, conducting access interviews, nominating personnel for access, foreign travel reporting, adverse reporting and records maintenance utilizing a security database (similar to SIMS)
- Conducting Clearance Eligibility Checks and Security Pre-Screening Interviews
- Prepare and maintain incoming visitor data, and access lists for meetings to include granting visitors access to classified materials
- Support inspections/self-assessments in accordance with National, DOD, Air Force and Corporate policies
- Provide Security Awareness Training to new individuals, Annual Awareness training to employees and all on-going briefings and training requirements.
- Investigate security incidents/violations, oversee correct actions and prepare reports for internal and external coordination addressing investigation results, culpability, impact assessment and future mitigation as applicable.
- Interface effectively with all levels of management and government customers; daily support to staff, sub-contractors, PM, DPM, and government customer as required.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with all government agencies, managing SCIFs, as well as, filing necessary clearance paperwork for employees, candidates, and consultants.
- Administering security procedures for SCI programs per the ICDs, DoDM 5105.21 series and customer directives as the CSSO or Alternate CSSO.
- Must possess organizational, accuracy, detail-oriented, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Independent judgement, confidentiality, discretion
- Must be able to identify, analyze and resolve security-related matters
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with initiative to work independently and interact with customer, work with limited direction and handle multiple projects on short timelines
- Capability to prepare reports and briefings, clearly articulate ideas and issues to achieve consensus of action
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and issues to personnel and government customer to achieve consensus of action
- BS Degree or equivalent experience and 5 - 10 years' experience with AF Programs and intelligence community
- Experience with the intelligence community to include information systems that are used and requirements for obtaining program access
- Experience utilizing JPAS and other Government Systems for clearance verification
- Experience with Personnel Security Duties
- Experience with providing briefings to personnel
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- US Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance is required to be considered for this position.
- Personnel Security, CSSO, CPSO and HR experience in DoD environment is highly preferred
- Ability to work with limited direction and handle multiple projects on short timelines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a work environment that values and respects each Team Member as an individual and important member of our culturally diverse organization. In keeping with this commitment, the Company is dedicated to providing a work environment free from any type of discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, covered veteran and military status, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics,political affiliation, or any other classification protected by law. This commitment and policy applies to all areas of employment.
**CA** (for internal purposes only)