- Informs candidates for security clearance of steps needed to access and begin the Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing.
- Assists contractor employees and independent contractors in preparing security clearance and eligibility paperwork.
- Provides assistance and responds to inquiries concerning online or hard copy documentation and other eligibility details in person, via telephone, and/or e-mail in an efficient and timely manner.
- Answers complex questions, and handles escalated issues. Tracks issues for possible process improvement.
- Screens contractor employee and independent contractor completed Personnel Security Questionnaires for completeness, accuracy, and continuity prior to submission to the US government for investigation.
- Matches associated hard copy forms and documents such as fingerprints and signature pages with electronically submitted forms.
- Tracks progress of open investigations through to adjudication.
- Communicates adjudicative decisions to ISU supervisor, candidate, and internal program management as needed.
- Maintains specialized databases to accurately track the progress of personnel going through the clearance process. Makes necessary database entries documenting each step of the clearance process.
- Reports to the FSO, PMs, and management, as needed, on the status of clearances and personnel.
- Follows up with personnel going through clearance process and government agencies to make sure that clearance process is going smoothly
- Anticipates potential problems or delays in the clearance process and develops corrective measures to eliminate or minimize the problems or delays.
- Works on special projects and reports as directed by management.
- Accesses and uses Internet based U.S. Government websites and databases (including DOD JPAS and OPM Portal).
- Creates and maintains neat, organized, complete and accurate security files
- Other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance. Top Secret clearance is preferred.
- College degree required.
- Five years of experience in an office setting required, with at least one of those years of experience in processing security clearances.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency with MS Office and Internet research required.
- Proficiency in use of Internet-based U.S. Government websites and databases such as DOD JPAS, OPM Portal, and Selective Service System strongly preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization (including management, peers, team members and customer-base).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.