This role will focus on technical enhancements and projects to build new capabilities and efficiencies into Managed Triage Services. Specifically, technologies and integrations that focus on threat analysis, reporting, and speedy escalation to customers. This role will liaise closely with other teams such as Developers and Solutions Engineering to build solutions specifically for Managed Triage Services.
- Design and implement new technologies in a manner that improve service efficiencies
- Customize back-end systems for improved services as necessary
- Lead new projects as directed by management to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of service
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and runbooks for all technologies
- Onboard new customers to Cofense platform and services
- Promote new ideas using existing or trending technologies to help Cofense achieve its business objectives and services to our customers
- Liaise with Cofense product teams in a manner that enhances collaboration and development
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient with log management technologies such as Splunk and Graylog with demonstrated ability to create meaningful queries, dashboards, alarms, and integrations.
- Proficiency in cloud computing, specifically AWS technologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Windows and Unix systems
- Proficient in setting up and configuring secure email systems
- Expert knowledge of Syslog with demonstrated experience in design for secure delivery
- Experience with scriptinglanguages such as Perl, Python, others
- Expert knowledge of secure networking and access controls
- Experience creating and managing customer-facing portals a plus
- Excellent written and vocal communication skills and ability to communicate at a technical and business levels.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS in Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years of engineeringexperience with 2-3 spent directly in securityengineering, especially in security operations
- Relevant industry certifications preferred
- At least 1year of AWS experience specifically in building and engineering systems to provide SaaS services
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom reimbursement
- Birmingham, AL Office or US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.