The Security Solutions Architect serves as a security lead/visionary and will act as an expert in many areas of security, describing in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, technology standards and architecture on the business. This person will provide security direction to the program/project(s) based on the business requirements and focus areas.
The Security Solutions Architect must be able to interpret high level business requirements and communicate them to highly technical security engineers; conversely, they must also be able to articulate highly technical issues to a non-technical business audience.
The Security Solutions Architect is to provide minimum security requirements and to ensure that the delivered solution is fit for purpose and effective when transitioned in to service. The Security Solutions Architect will identify security services to be integrated into the overall solution and work with the security tower teams to ensure implementation of the services.
- Providing a security service steer to the program, on security related matters.
- Ownership and definition of the security scope/architecture for a variety of projects deployed globally
- Drive security requirements, architectures, patterns and approaches via the company's processes.
- Day to day engagement with development teams to advise and consult on security matters
- Work closely with project teams, DevOps teams to ensure solution complies with baseline security requirements
- Removing impediments for the successful delivery of the security related solutions
- Provide technical security input as required by the security policy development team.
- Coordination of technical design/review activities with various segments within the Security team.
- Accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business.
- Accountable for ensuring residual risk is captured and owners are identified and accept the risks.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Skilled in creating technology standards and experience with presenting security requirements and necessary security services to the security and/or enterprise governance boards for acceptance and approval.
- Prepared to challenge the program and IS colleagues and have the “difficult conversations” where needed in the interests of National Grid
- Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a strong team/collaborative approach.
- Strong communication (Written and Verbal), leadership and partnering skills.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Security Qualifications such as Azure Security Associate/Azure Solution Associate/CISSP/CCSP/ etc.
- Information Security Certifications/Qualifications such as CISSP and MSc Information Security preferred but not necessary for this role.