Security Software Engineer
- Job Number: 112933466
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 25-Aug-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Do you want to advance the state of the art in vulnerability discovery technologies? Do you want to work with some of the best security engineers in the world, in a company that has security and privacy in its DNA? If yes, then this is the job for you. Apple is seeking a top notch software engineer to design and develop automated vulnerability detection tools. This is a technical, hands-on role in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Software development skills, including solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- In-depth understanding of security vulnerabilities and various exploitation techniques
- Experience with using and developing fuzz testing tools is a plus
- Experience with compiler technologies (in particular, clang / LLVM) is a plus
- Knowledge of OS internals, and of various techniques to prevent, identify and mitigate security risks is a plus
- Experience is developing code analysis tools, static or dynamic (e.g. debuggers, disassemblers, emulators, etc.) is a plus
You will write static and dynamic code analysis tools to help discover software defects, with a focus on security vulnerabilities. Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures is key, as these tools may process terabytes (or more!) of data across a multitude of computing nodes. Finding security vulnerabilities is not an exact science, so R&D is an important part of the role: you will use your intuition to develop hypotheses, devise experiments, and produce PoCs to test those hypotheses. Creative problem solving, analytical, and deductive reasoning skills are critical for this position. As you will work with other tool developers, product owners, engineering and management, solid written and verbal communications skills are expected.
BA/BS in computer science, or equivalent professional experience