Security Shift Manager is a leader of Security Officers on his/her assigned shift. The Shift Manager is responsible for communicating information between the staff under his/her care and Security Senior Management. The Security Shift Manager will ensure a professional and efficient operation; provide leadership, guidance, training and organization. The Shift Manager is ultimately responsible for the actions and decisions his/her team makes.
This position must also exhibit a high level of professional and personalized guest service that embodies the Company’s brand standard and core values (K.E.E.P. – Kindness, Engagement, Empathy and Positivity).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Acts as a representative of the department and property, interacting with guests and employees in a courteous, professional manner
• Trains, supervises, and evaluates Security Staff on assigned shift
• Oversees patrols of the property on assigned shift, identifying potential security and/or safety hazards, and reporting same to the Security Shift Manager, to ensure the safety and protection of all persons on the property
• Regularly provides backup to Security officers on assigned shift
• Facilitates the daily shift operations of the Security Department
• Makes suggestions and recommendations, as appropriate, for improvements to policies, procedures, or the facility
• Provides exceptional guest service that differentiates us from the competition
• Ensures a maximum level of guest service and satisfaction throughout the property is achieved and maintained
• Attends departmental meetings and holding meetings as directed by The Director or Operations Manager
• Held accountable, to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports
• Ability to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays. Ability to work shifts lasting 10 or more hours occasionally.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested
The above statements represent a general outline of principal job functions and should not be construed as a complete description of all aspects and requirements inherent in this job.
• Security assistant managers,
• Security officers to include; (dispatchers, bikes, report writers, lost and found, and parking attendants)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent English and articulate
• Ability to review, correct and create effective reports and memos.
• Ability to communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations.
• Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
• Computer literate in Microsoft Windows and Office applications required.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents in English.
• Ability to properly respond to common inquiries from employees or guests.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to variety of situations.
• Ability to work under little or no supervision
• Ability to obtain a Clark County Nevada Concealed Carry of Weapons Permit (CCW)
• Ability to properly react rationally to high stress situations while maintaining a calm demeanor.
• Working knowledge and understanding of company and department rules, policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of state and local laws and how to apply them.
• Must successfully complete company and gaming background screening process.
• Ability to successfully complete and legally possess the following training certifications:
• Golden Nugget Firearms Qualification
• OC Spray
• Electronic Control Device (i.e., Taser)
• Must successfully complete the following training certifications:
• Golden Nugget Basic & Advanced Security Academy
• Golden Nugget Handcuffing
• Golden Nugget Defensive Tactics
• Golden Nugget Dispatch Training
• Golden Nugget Report Writing Training
• Golden Nugget Lost and Found Training
• In-Service review training
• License Requirements
• Must pass company and Nevada Gaming background investigation
• Current Alcohol Management Certification
• Current Nevada Driver’s License
• Current American Red Cross or Equivalent Adult CPR Certification
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum age requirement is 21
• Bachelor’s degree or four to five years related experience, or an equivalent combination of college and experience required
• One or more years of customer service experience preferred
• Five or more years of experience in military, law enforcement, and/or physical security. Experience in hotel/casino security management preferred.
• NO Felony Convictions