The Security Services Architect is a client facing, pre-sales technologist that works with designated accounts and acts as a value-added technical advocate for Sirius clients. A Security Services Architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to security services, qualifying opportunities and creating scope that matches client requirements for professional services. This is a regional role that will require approximately 50% travel, and can be based from most US cities.
This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the offering, but not limited to, LOUs (Letters of Understanding), HLDs (High Level Design), Scope, WBSs (Work Breakdown Structures), SEs (Service Estimates), SOWs (Statements of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting the proposed services to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit to Sirius. Lastly, the Security Services Architect role requires that the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
The Security Services Architect has subject matter expertise of solutions in the Security LOB, and has a basic awareness of technology solutions in adjacent LOBs.
Each Security Services Architect will own a services domain and the associated collateral. Ownership responsibilities include upkeep, field enablement, team training, and process ownership in conjunction with the delivery team. Sells and positions implementation and advisory services throughout the security domains, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services fit their needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Client Facing Sales Support – Works with sales account team, interfacing directly with Sirius clients. Builds trusted advisor relationships, understanding clients’ business challenges and proposing solutions
- Client facing work will include:
- Advising clients on how Sirius’s security services in the Six Security Domains--Infrastructure Security, Data & Application Security, Intelligence & Analytics, Threat & Vulnerability Management, Identity and Access Management, and Program Strategy & Operations--fit throughout their application and data center infrastructures, as well as into their business processes.
- Advising clients on greatest areas of security risk and proposing remediation strategies through service offerings
- Advising clients on industry standards such as: PCI DSS, ISO, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA and NIST framework
- Develop services collateral and processes for key Sirius service offerings and work with internal and external partners to bring offerings to market
- Create Services Proposals – Develop SOWs (Statements of Work), LOUs (Letters of Understanding), business cases, Services Estimates, Work Breakdown Structures, and RFP responses
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key services partners nationally and in the geography
- Consulting – Provide project oversight on significant client projects, including activities such as leading Kickoff meetings and milestone reviews while providing a point of escalation for services change orders and CSAT (Customer Satisfaction) issues
- Intellectual Property Development – Contribute to the development of Sirius intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.)
- Administrative Overhead – Respond to email, phone calls, complete time cards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Training – Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of Information Technology work experience in a Security solutions focused role
- Proven services pre-sales experience
Other Position Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to apply security technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin
- Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers
- Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Technical writing experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
- Security certifications such as CISSP and relevant security technology solutions and/or industry certifications
- Two (2) years billable consulting experience
- Two (2) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment
- Two (2) years of experience in managing relationships with Security vendor partners
- Two (2) years experience leading MSP (managed service provider) or services technical sales
- Relevant experience in Cloud and Cloud Security technologies, as well as XaaS
Data Privacy and Security:
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide presales technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.