The Security Sales Overlay is an entrepreneurial champion enabling TPx to sell security through our direct and channel sales teams. This candidate is the security expert who understands the technical and strategic aspect of the TPx security solutions. As sales identifies opportunities, the Overlay will enable the security opportunity, applying a consultative/solution sale methodology and providing the security expertise to prescribe the appropriate solution (people, process, technology). This role is assigned to a specific sales team to support their security sales targets.
Reports to (Supervisor/Manager):
VP, Security Sales and Consulting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champions all security opportunities within region.
- Enables sales region to achieve security sales goal and the overall TPx to achieve security sales targets.
- Expert on solutions within the MSS and Consulting portfolio.
- Enables marketing and lead generation within sales region for Security.
- Is a security influencer, providing content for Sales Exchange and social media on TPx and the security market.
- Presents Security Solutions at a strategic executive level all the way to a tactical admin audience.
- Documents the security sales workflow and act as a stakeholder with sales operations, solution architects and product management.
- Tracks KPI’s and provide weekly summary of security sales activity.
- Maintains opportunity details within TPx tools including Salesforce and other technologies.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technology or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in security sales, with an emphasis on cybersecurity solutions (managed services, consulting, technologies)
- A strong network of customers and peers from security sales background
- Proven experience selling security solutions as part of a collaborative team
- Selling methodology exposure in solution selling or consultative selling (or other applicable methodology)
- Experience collecting sales win/loss data and communicating feedback to Product Management and Delivery
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with people from different disciplines and varying degrees of technical experience, both inside and outside the organization
- Excellent leadership and team management skills including the proven ability to communicate solutions and resolutions at a strategic and technical level
- An analytical mind with the demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate multiple, dissimilar activities simultaneously
- Strong business communication skills, both verbal and written
- This position requires a valid driver license and clean driving record in the state of residence.
- Travel is necessary due to the nature of the position and the need to visit customers and provide demos and reviews on request and with management approval.
- This job requires 50% or less on-site visits with personal vehicle.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure project driven environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and convert opportunities to solutions.
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Work computer, including word-processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Smartphone required.
- Managed Services Collaboration Tools
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job requires 50% working in front of a computer.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.