West Coast Security Operations is responsible for the security and safety of cast members, guests and the protection of company assets for all non-theme park locations in all areas of the West Coast of the United States, including Burbank, Glendale, Los Angeles, and Seattle.
- Define and deliver an effective security program for TWDC locations in Seattle and throughout the west coast, by proactively evaluating threats, assessing risks, planning, auditing, evaluating and implementing key security initiatives for The Walt Disney Company assets.
- Conduct threat assessments and develop mitigation strategies utilizing Global Security resources for threats to company assets.
- Oversee comprehensive risk assessment analysis for company acquisitions, new facilities and remodeled sites. Implement advanced security measures to address identified vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities and defining objectives in accordance with regional goals relating to company sponsored events and business unit support.
- Accomplish regional objectives by establishing action plans, timetables, and outcome measurements; obtaining and allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Aligns with Global Security partners on all event security strategies to include intelligence and threat assessment, crisis management and business continuity, information safeguarding and investigations.
- Oversee and coordinate physical security strategies for all west coast assigned sites and partner with Global Security Technology team on capital projects to augment tactical security measures.
- Investigative oversight with appropriate collaboration with Global Investigations, Human Resources, Employee Relations and Law Enforcement as required.
- Approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with emphasis on innovation, communication and incorporation of current and future needs of the business.
- Ensure that the regional service model design, supports long term needs and strategy of the various lines of business (LOB) in the organization. Leverage operational efficiencies to improve customer experience. Create value through process simplification and service improvement.
- Facilitate proactive partnership and communication with key corporate leaders to address and develop prevention strategies for high-risk workplace issues.
- Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Maintain robust relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement leadership by actively engaging and partnering on key initiatives and activities.
- Identify tactical operational priorities during annual operating plan process.
- Effectively manages third party vendors associated with supplemental security services by monitoring contractual obligations and maintaining vendor performance associated with supplemental security services.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- This position requires a high degree of sound business acumen, independent judgment, technical expertise and functional mastery. The successful candidate will lead an innovative, world class security program and develop solutions to address unique and business-critical matters.
- Minimum 10-15 years in positions of increasing responsibility within the security field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in managerial roles and developing and implementing departmental strategy, visions and directives.
- Capable of handling multiple, complex and paradoxical situations.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative and a strong sense of personal accountability and consistent follow-through
- Ability to show or develop keen insight into, and appreciation for, new trends, and customer needs by using data to effectively address complex, unusual, and critical matters and opportunities.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environments with changing circumstances, direction and strategy
- Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges
- Ability to understand, interpret, analyze and develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities.
- Ability to travel for domestic projects as needed.