Reporting to the Director of Information Security, the Security Operations Manager will oversee the activities of the Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts, ensuring that activities of the SOC are performed in accordance to policy, standards and security best practices.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the analyst team in support of all designated Security Operations and Incident Response tasks.
- Provide technical guidance to team members in areas of cyber security.
- Manage individual and team performance to consistently meet performance standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of operational risks and drive the response process in order to minimize the impact of these risks
- Influence and improve upon existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Develop and support strategic plans and projects to meet SOC goals and objectives.
- Provide information and tactical guidance to leadership during incidents.
- Coordinate training and exercises to ensure SOC team proficiency.
- Conduct after-action reviews to identify lessons learned and best practices.
- Routinely engage with cross-functional teams including Engineering and Infrastructure to evaluate and improve SOC's ability to meet stakeholder needs.
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology (or equivalent) .
- 3+ years leadership experience within a SOC or MSSP.
- 5+ years of experience in information security.
- Experience in a leadership position within a Security Operations Center preferred
- Experience working with Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Continuous Monitoring, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (ID/PS), Network Traffic Analysis, Incident Response, Endpoint Security Systems, Digital Forensics, WLAN Monitoring, and/or Threat Modeling.
- Ability to develop and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for operational success.
- Proven leadership skills including effective oral and written communication, performance management, issue resolution, negotiation, motivating team members, forecasting and planning.
- Experience in a security role with strong working knowledge and understanding of information security framework, incident management, operations and application security best practices.
- Possession of industry certifications preferred (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.)
- Experience with staff performance plan development, situational leadership and management responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to lead and develop a team of SOC analysts with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities and have ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly.
- Must be able to attain a Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.