You'll bring the following required skills and experiences
- B.S. or M.S. in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experiences and certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, or CRISC, GIAC)
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of Devops, IT or Information Security with 3+ years in Information Security.
- Competency in Linux/Windows administration
- Must have excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external parties
- Experience in network administration and understanding of DNS, firewalls, proxies, WAFs, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Broad understanding of network security, cloud infrastructure security, and application security
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We're a new kind of bank - all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, Forbes' Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000's list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.