Security Operations Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Security Operations Analyst will work in the Security Operations Center (SOC) which provides cyber defense of information assets and manages physical security controls. SOC responsibilities include, but are not limited to, security monitoring, incident response, malware prevention, data loss prevention, threat intelligence and analysis, and physical security.
The Security Operations Analyst is a full-time role which can be located in Southfield, Michigan (preferred), Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, or New York, NY and reports to the Team Lead, Security Operations. Position may be contract to hire. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Administers information security controls and software such as endpoint protection, endpoint detection and response, intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), security incident and event management (SIEM), data loss prevention (DLP), and physical security systems
- Responds to, investigates, and analyzes securityevents to determine appropriate actions
- Analyzes security system logs, security tools, and available data sources on a regular basis to identify attacks against the enterprise and report on any irregularities, issues related to improper access patterns, trending, and event correlations and make suggestions for detection rules and system tuning
- Gathers information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding security problems to networks, servers, endpoints, and applications.
- Performs incident response activities and ensure that proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident has been discovered
- Expected to stay current on security industry trends, new threats and attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and emerging security technologies
- Provides insight and participate in security projects to evaluate and recommend security products for various applications and platforms throughout the organization while supporting business initiatives
- Assists with the development, maintenance of, and training on technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Improves security efficiency and streamline/automate work processes while working collaboratively with other team members and IT staff to accomplish objectives
- Participates, as needed, in critical incidents and implementation reviews
- May serve as a backup to other critical security positions; Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Highly motivated to work in information security
- 3+ years of Information Security experience; Experience working in Security Operations is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; work experience and background will be considered in lieu of formal education
- Desire to continuously improve processes and procedures and share information with the team
- Experience with physical security technology such as door access and badging systems is a plus
- Experience integrating security tools through scripting, using API’s and improving existing processes through automated methods are a plus
- Experience with a Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) tool is a plus
- Experience with Endpoint Security tools is a plus
- Incident Response, Forensics, and Malware Analysis experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of information systems security concepts and current information security trends and practices.
- Working knowledge of infrastructuresecurity tools such as firewalls, networksecurity monitoring, anti-malware, OS hardening, etc.
- System administration and security hardening experience is a plus
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Effective skills to supportsecurity programs: Excellent written/oral communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to provide formal reports and presentations as required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proven project management and organizational skills; successfully manages multiple priorities and deadlines
- Security Certifications such as the following are a plus:
- CompTIA Security+ (Sec+)
- CompTIA CSA+
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practioner (CASP)
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)