PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Global Security Manager will be a change agent charged with supporting implementation of Owens Corning’s global security policies and standards in support of the business’ increasing needs. In partnership with manufacturing divisions and corporate functions, the Global Security Manager will be a leader in developing and implementing comprehensive security strategies to protect Owens Corning’s people, assets and intellectual property.
Reports to: Director, Global Security
Span of Control: No Direct Reports
- Develop policies, standards and guidelines related to corporate security.
- Perform securityrisk assessments at Owens Corning facilities globally to evaluate compliance with security standards, identify potential vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Evaluate suspected security breaches and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify and operationalize best practices through development of standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Perform investigation of business misconduct and loss related events.
- Respond to inquiries from various manufacturing and corporate functions, and interpret security policies and standards in support of the business.
- Develop emergency response and crisis management plans and related tools.
- Provide subject matter expertise and develop program for security intelligence and executive protection.
- Provide oversight and consultation support for security technology projects including CCTV, access control and alarm systems.
- Develop and conduct security related training for employees as needed in areas such as travelsecurity, workplace violence, security awareness and loss prevention.
- Establish and maintain value-added liaison with local and regional government law enforcement agencies and private security organizations.
- Provide other security related services as directed.
- A minimum of eight years of corporate experience with the security disciplines established in this job description.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college (security related degreepreferred).
- Security certification such as PSP, PCI, or similar
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated competency in a broad range ofsecuritydisciplines including:
- Physical security standards and processes
- Investigation and interview techniques
- Security intelligence and analytics
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Reporting and investigation case management systems
- Security technology (CCTV, access control, alarms)
- Executive protection principles
- Risk assessment and modeling
- A team player who shares Owens Corning’s common pursuit of excellence.
- Proficient oral, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization as well as with external suppliers and governmental agencies.
- Change agent with experience in implementing process improvements.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and operate in a fast-paced, intense environment, responding effectively to changing demands.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25-40%.
- Capability in foreign language (desired).