The Security Manager, will oversee the security and integrity of our Company’s people, its property, assets and equipment, including those entrusted to us by our customers and clients. They will lead all security-training, investigations, and will assist with security assessments, background checks, evaluations, etc. as needed. This position will report to the Director – Security, Investigations and Executive Protection.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead Security for the region of locations; Collaborate and support additional regional security efforts as needed and directed.
- Working in conjunction with the Director – Security, Investigations and Executive Protection, will be responsible for managing and implementing overall Security strategy for assigned locations.
- Conduct Security related investigations for all assigned locations. These investigations will focus on the recovery of losses, assist law enforcement with prosecution, review the root cause of actual of attempts thefts/losses, and make necessary recommendations to reduce / eliminate the chances of reoccurring issues.
- Cascade urgent and / or critical security incidents to Director – Security, Investigations and Executive Protection and Chief Risk Officer, and other pertinent Chiefs and/or owners, as soon as practicable, and assist with Ownership / Leadership communications.
- Responsible for overseeing and/or being the POC for the CTPAT program and inspections for all assigned locations.
- Responsible for assessment, RFP pricing, and coordination of CCTV, Access, Burglar systems and Guard services installs/requests for all assigned locations.
- Responsible for continual engagement of all assigned locations to ensure to ensure current NFI Security SOP’s are communicated and followed, as well as give guidance as needed/requested.
- Responsible for conducting facility inspections at all assigned locations and follow up with appropriate after action items.
- Assist the Human Resources Department and Operations teams with any Workplace Violence / Active Shooter incidents and provide leadership / direction in the event of an incident.
- Maintain a liaison with federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities to enhance their cooperative efforts in protecting property and personnel.
- Assist the Director – Security, Investigations and Executive Protection and Chief Risk Officer, and other Senior Management members regarding investigations as requested.
- Stay abreast of new and evolving Security trends, information, regulations and technologies, and attend local Cargo Theft council / seminar meetings.
- May be assigned to conduct sensitive investigations as requested by the CEO of other NFI owners.
- Bachelor’s degree or Honorable Military service required
- At least 7 years of law enforcement experience, with focus on criminal investigations and cargo security, or 10 years of comparable corporate warehousing investigations and cargo security experience.
- Strong Investigative skills and the ability to thoroughly investigate an array of issues including but not limited to warehouse thefts, in-transit thefts, workplace violence incident.
- Working knowledge of the transportation, warehousing and drayage industries.
- Working knowledge of the CTPAT Program requirements and inspections
- Proficient with CCTV, Access and Burglar systems.
- Strong Executive presence with excellent communication (verbal, written. Listening and presentation) skills
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Able to support and service a large footprint of locations and customers.
- Ability and history of multitasking and making decision on how to priorities projects and assignments.
- Willing and able to analyze data and make informed effective and proper decision, in a timely.
- Ability and history of applying technical knowledge to produce results and make improvements.
- Ability and history of demonstrating an entrepreneurial mindset towards appropriate changes to make the organization more successful
- Ability to travel, often on short notice.
- Ability and availability to work irregular hours as needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.