The Site Security Manager of Production Facilities shall provide direct support, oversight and coordination of the security team ensuring the implementation of Green Thumb security procedures and operational plans. Reporting to the site General Manager, the Security Manager will be a resource for the staff on regulatory compliance relating to security and ensure the safety and security of the facility and the protection of company employees and assets. The Security Manager shall be responsible for monitoring the site grounds, facility, visitors, vendors and staff. The Security Manager shall be responsible for operation and monitoring of the sites video surveillance system, access control system and perimeter security system ensuring its functionality and compliance. The Security Manager’s main functions is to establish and coordinate compliance in security and general compliance by having an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of all applicable State regulations, provisions of the operational permit and commitments made upon licensing, Green Thumb SOP and the medical marijuana program in the specific state of operations. The Security Manager shall own all of the security aspects of site security operations, security plans, procedures, and policy as well as coordinate and oversee all security operations for the facility.
A Successful Candidate Will
- Understand business goals and translate business strategy into optimal security processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused, and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- Identify and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of security within the company through direct coordination with the Director, National Security.
- Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions, striking the right balance between speed/flexibility and process/compliance.
- Use analytical capabilities to influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in an evolving, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Prioritize effectively to deliver results both as a partner and a hands-on security representative.
- Influence change initiatives, develop change management plans, and manage stakeholders before and after changes take place.
- Effectively coach at all levels of the security organization and demonstrate success in driving career development, employee relations, retention, and rewards programs to the security team.
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication including high-quality document preparation and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise excellent judgment. Coaching teams, developing innovative solutions to deliver results, or navigating and resolving issues.
- Ensure the Green Thumb Security Prime Directives, Protection of Personnel, Protection of GTI Operational Permits and Licenses are Protection of company assets and property are not jeopardized through consistent application of Green Thumb Security Operational Plans supported by SOP(s) that are compliant individualized for specific markets.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the individual regulations and laws as it pertains to the cannabis program including site operational regulations for individual markets
- Implement SOP and procedures for security operations for wholesale facilities in accordance with the Green Thumb operational security plan
- Implement and ensure a regularly scheduled GAP inspection is conducted and documented at their site bi-annually to ensure security operational compliance
- Conduct one audit/inspection of the wholesale site on an annual basis reporting to Director, National Security
- Provide training of security personnel on regulatory and operational compliance
- Participate in or ensure security personnel are opening and closing the facility on a daily basis
- Provide oversight of all site security leads assigned to the wholesale operational sites
- Ensure sites are adequately staffed with security personnel equivalent to provide coverage of all operational hours or as outlined in application for operational permitting including hiring and team trainings
- Have an in-depth working knowledge and understanding of all applicable state regulations, GTI SOP and the medical marijuana program to ensure all Green Thumb operational and permits and licensed are not compromised. Work with the security team to ensure compliant operation of appropriate security systems including surveillance, access controls, and perimeter security components
- Fluent in all aspects of security for the building including: State regulatory security regulations, SOP, set up and oversight of security systems, access control and badging process (background check, finger printing) to include establishing rules, processes and procedures
- Ensure internal controls, procedures and policies are met from a security and safety perspective for wholesale operations.
- Support the implementation and execution of training programs for site security personnel
- Work with Chief Compliance Officer and HSE personnel on creating and updating SOPs for facility safety, security deliveries, transportation and other responsibilities, as needed or necessary, and all other compliance needs
- Provide oversight of all internal investigations into security or compliance failures or breaches
- Support, coordinate and as necessary and appropriate personally conduct annual staff training or implement through site security personnel in anti-crime, robbery, active shooter diversion, shrinkage, loss and theft prevention and other safety and compliance training as necessary or developed
- Support or provide direct assistance and oversight of all internal investigations relating to compliance, regulatory, or SOP violations reporting through Regional Security Manager to Director, National Security.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agency on violations of regulatory compliance as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with Regional Security Manager and Director, National Security and GTI legal team on internal investigations relating to diversion, theft, or criminal and compliance violation
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, or related subjects in addition to a minimum of 3 years Employment in a local, state or federal law enforcement, Sheriff Office or local, state or federal corrections institution and served 3 years in a supervisory role
- Minimum of a High School Diploma with at least 4 years honorable Law Enforcement background, possess an Act 120 certification or diploma from an accredited Municipal Police Academy, or Act 2 Sheriff Certification or any veteran of the Pennsylvania State Police or minimum of 4 years in related law enforcement or security field and military service MOS, and served 3 years in a supervisory role.
- ACT 235 Certification or willingness to acquire a certification prior to hire preferred
- Certification or training in Senior Security Management preferred
- Unarmed self defense
- Use of Force matrix
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry