The Security Manager is a hands on position that supervises all activities of the Security Staff and coordinates with Law Enforcement Officers as needed to ensure a cohesive and professional relationship between the police and security staffs. This is a working position that must work alongside subordinates in order to provide immediate and continuing resolution of problems and to provide experience to all subordinates. Must be able to assess problem areas and formulate solutions to problems and issues through calm and professional interaction. Must be well versed in existing state and local laws and must be able to perform all duties in accordance with the Company policy and procedure standards, with a high regard for internal and external customer service. Must keep the Director of Security (or Regional Security Director) apprised of important incidents, delays or problems that may prevent meeting deadlines, compliance with Company policy, completing assigned duties, or hamper effectiveness. Must be skilled in dealing with the general public and be able to interact effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and ethnicities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of guests, employees and company assets through constant patrol and observation of all assigned areas and reporting activities in accordance with departmental standard operating procedures
- Observe activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce safety standards; alert visitors not in compliance; remove unwanted or disruptive visitors from property.
- Periodic inspections of life/safety equipment including elevators, escalators, fire sprinkler equipment, fire panels and emergency supply kits.
- Periodic inspections of security equipment including surveillance systems, patrol vehicles, and access control systems.
- Program property access control devices including card access systems and stand-alone key pads, monitor automatic locking devices for functionality.
- Provide visual and verbal evidence to law enforcement agencies regarding criminal activity or investigations.
- Maintain close working relationship with other department managers and employees.
- Promote positive and courteous public relations to all tenants, visitors and guests
- Supervise the activities of subordinates
- Select, train, and motivate personnel, initiate wage increases, as well as disciplinary action including termination when warranted.
- Conduct new staff member orientation including Company policies and procedures.
- Monitor employee staff time keeping procedure, maintain staff employment documents, complete staff scheduling to meet requirements of facility.
- Provide state required training, documentation and licensing for facility and staff as well as ongoing employee training as required to meet facility and state requirements.
- Train staff to patrol the property accordance with the Courtesy Officer policy and procedure and otherwise be on alert for and appropriately address potential security issues, parking violations, or any issue that may disturb the quiet enjoyment of occupants and visitors.
- Train staff to respond to and appropriately handle all emergencies: fire alarm, safety issues, suspicious persons, medical emergencies, elevator entrapments, and other incidents.
- Check Courtesy Officers staff progress of work performed, compliance with Company policy and resolve issues as needed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that supplies, repairs to equipment and support are available for the Courtesy Officer Staff.
- Assist with administering projects and meeting deadlines to ensure satisfactory completion and compliance.
- Receive, analyze and respond to tenant and customer complaints.
- Review and correct Incident Reports as required.
- Review reports from subordinates for completeness and activity needing follow-up; provide written and oral reports to supervisor
- Tour properties and monitor building operations
- Maintain daily logs and shift reports
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Thorough knowledge of all emergency equipment, including but not limited to fire alarm systems, fire pumps, access systems, water risers, cutoff valves and electrical circuits
- Advanced customer service skills to diplomatically communicate with customers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently; excellent attention to detail
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 5+ years of related experience
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military and/or security preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
- DPS Non-Commission Security License
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work each day