The Remote Monitoring Security Lead role encompasses the lead security advisor for internal operations of the Remote Application Monitoring Team. The Security Lead will interact directly with key internal and external contacts on the services provided by the team as well as periodic review of the internal activities of the team to ensure that security best practices are being followed. These efforts will be specific to the operations of the Remote Application Monitoring Team and the customers of the services the team provides.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain an Remote Application Monitoring to internal and external customers
- Work closely with CISO and Product Security Office to understand current IT threats and mitigations available and then implement/share with customers as part of Remote Application monitoring
- Provide guidance to the Remote Application Monitoring organization and RSS business regarding the services, products and features needed to meet modern security standards and capabilities.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of problems, creating alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business
- Monitor/influence System Releases with regard to security features, for internal and external partner tools, to provide our customers with the most secure system level solutions.
- Knowledge of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security, including the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to Cloud and on premise networked systems.
- Provide recommendations to customers based on Rockwell and Connected Services tools to implement safety/security countermeasures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Rockwell Automation product groups, BDLs, PMs, Support teams, and vendors to support and drive solution development, deployment, and support.
- Work closely with all of the business units in Rockwell Automation to develop a consistent internal and external strategy to overcome existing and future cyber threats
- Design, implement and support a Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM) toolset for use in the Remote Application monitoring organization.
- Write detailed documentation that could include customer requirements, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation plans in order to develop or modify manufacturing infrastructure
- Design, recommend, and implement network infrastructure and associated configuration changes
- Design customer secure manufacturing architectures and provide vision, problem anticipation, and problem solving ability to customers throughout the equipment lifecycle, including long term support.
- Bachelor's Degree (equivalent- If no degree, 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Control Systems, Network Engineering, and Industrial Security Controls).
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree
- 8+ years of hands-on experience configuring IT/OT network infrastructure equipment (Cisco Switches, Virtual Server Environments, Cisco ASA, Anti-Virus Software)
- In depth understanding of Ethernet/IP and CIP protocol
- Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary global team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
- Experience in implementing and leveraging a Security Event and Incident Monitoring (SEIM) system to validate that only the proper actions are being taken by engineers.
- Travel Requirements: Flexibility for travel 25% - 50% is required and can include both domestic and international trips.
- Recognized Network Certification (CCNA Industrial, CCNA / CCNP / CCIE Routing and Switching/Wireless, VCA, VCP, Cisco INS, GICSP)
- Security certifications such as Security+, CISSP, CCSP, SSCP
- Working knowledge of industrial automation: system architecture, products, controllers, networks, etc...
- Ability to speak multiple languages an added benefit for interfacing with various global teams
- Hands-on' experience in designing / deploying network and security infrastructure in environments including process automation, discrete controls, and automated manufacturing processes / equipment.
- Experience in designing, deploying and overseeing network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.) within an Industrial Network
- Experience in designing, deploying and overseeing a SEIM environment
- Understanding of various industry standards including ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NERC, IDC, NEC and NIST standards. Specific focus on NIST 800-82, NERC-CIP, IEC-62443 Standards would be an added benefit
- Solid technical skills with various Ethernet protocols including EtherNet/IP, specifically around assessment, design and implementation of complex systems
- Familiarity with a variety of networking and / or security concepts, practices, and procedures, to include manufacturing and enterprise network convergence, network protocols, communication optimization, application effects on system performance and human exploitation techniques on the manufacturing network.
- Experience in developing and deploying solutions in a virtual environment
- Strong communication skills and commercial skills, ability to handle multiple projects / interactions, and ability to interact with various global teams, clients and vendors including those in international regions
- Be able to recognize potential problems with existing equipment/processes and develop solutions/proposals with the ability to adapt to various engineering designs, applications, and process criteria
- Conduct presentations of technical information/project activities, etc.
- Be able to receive assignments in the form of high level objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals, while executing with excellence
- Provide timely responsiveness to customers, sales, and management with the appropriate level of urgency in delivering results
- Be able to efficiently organize and prioritize tasks associated with multiple projects executing in parallel
- Be able to quickly drive effective resolution to customer escalations, generate commercial responses in reply, and incorporate corrective actions into the project moving forward