In this mission critical role, you will be the lead technologist and innovator, driving the research and development of IoT security for Secureworks. You will analyze IoT data and metadata, research IoT security vulnerabilities, study threat actor tactics targeting IoT and design and develop intellectual property to secure Secureworks’ clients. This is a highly visible and cross-functional role, reporting in to the CTO, which will have tremendous opportunity to shape the strategic direction for Secureworks’ IoT approach. We work as a team to identify solutions to meaningful security problems in the IoT space and then develop products that address those problems at scale. Our areas of focus change over time but today they include Cloud, IOT, data analytics and advanced network controls. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds and have fun doing it!
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and prototype advanced security research projects focused on the commercial IoT space.space.
- Own emerging threat analysis and gain insights and know-how of evolving attack techniques
- Predict and extrapolate attack trends ahead of their occurrence
- Propose, architect and validate Secureworks solution offerings.
- Work with Secureworks’ largest clients on innovative solutions to protect their IoT capabilities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of emerging trends in IoT, participate in the expert community and attend conferences to keep knowledge up-to-date.
- Perform as a software engineer/technical individual contributor on a small innovation team that is inventing next-gen cybersecurity solutions
- Develop prototypes or POCs for proving out new technology and validating use-cases that the team considers important to our end-state architecture
- Work across internal teams to mature inventions into product offerings that protect our customers
- Drive idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of System Security Research and excel at exploring software and hardware techniques as a method of attack against targets within the computing systems
- A minimum of 4 years IoT experience
- Ability to span security expertise over HW, SW, and Firmware domains. A passion for the latest gadgets and building security in to these gadgets
- Strong experience in hands-on software development, prototyping and creating intellectual property
- Commercial IoT experience
- In-depthexperience withsecuritythreats and vulnerability research along with practicingsecuritydevelopment lifecycle best practices including:
- Threat modeling
- Security code review, analysis and vulnerability assessment
- Reverse engineering skills
- Exploitation and mitigation technique development
- Security testing techniques fuzzing and pen-testing
- Expertise in architecting, strategizing and evangelizing advanced product security counter measures into products is valuable
- Experience in endpoint, network and application security is highly desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results when working in cross-functional teams
- You have worked on innovative software development projects in diverse environments
- You have a superb knowledge of how computers and networks operate, both in theory and practice
- You create software that solves complex problems
- You are technically competent with virtualization and containerization technologies
- You have experience in the security industry or as a technical leader or architect in a software -development organization
- You build the social capital required to influence and collaborate with all kinds of people; are humble, kind, and a team player
- You are familiar with the patent process, have previously invented a technology that was patented, and have a strong desire to develop patentable intellectual property
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of computer architecture CPU, SoC, chipsets, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers and others
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere.
Job Family: Secureworks Remote
Job ID: R56313