Work within the Verizon Network Security organization to manage compute and network infrastructure supporting the security applications and services of the vulnerability management platform. Collaborate with fellow team members, internal groups, and vendors in the development, integration/implementation, and documentation of network security systems or processes that aid in the protection or detection of threats against our network. Ensure security compliance positioning and design for all our projects are at the forefront of current security practices. Implement the delivery of new system designs into the existing infrastructure, whilst ensuring the stability and scalability of the installed systems base. Provide 1st & 2nd level support of security hardware & software products we support.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience on one or more cloud environments such as VMWare, Amazon Web Services (AWS), RedHat , Openstack.
- Experience with managing Linux/UNIX servers.
- Experience with common network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Scripting skills (i.e. PERL, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Experience working with automation tools such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience with management of scanning security technologies (i.e. Tenable Nessus, Nexpose Rapid7).
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
- Strong knowledge about relevant security industry solutions and developments for security technology within scope of infrastructure.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools to help maximize system availability, avoid unscheduled outages and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Knowledge of security best practices with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Ability to learn a new technology and drive it from ideas through deployment and integration to fully automated and operationalization.
- Ability to be organized and have the ability to multitask, take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context, propose options and recommendations on key issues or products.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to present and communicate with superiors and peers.