Security Engineering Leader/ManagerExperian’s Security First program requires that the business maintains high standards, and at the same time offers the business unit the opportunity to reset benchmarks for existing processes and technologies. Experian CIS requires a manager for the CIS Security First team of engineers, so we can more quickly adapt to urgent, high-visibility, and varying needs that ensure the business continues to satisfy the standards. As the leader of the CIS Security First team, there are opportunities to work across the CIS organization and with matrixed teams from groups across the company to determine, design, and deploy remedies to issues with existing solutions and new solutions with the Security First advantage.Essential Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate ability to deliver results quickly while working in a dynamic, cross functional, team-oriented environment.
- Lead an engineering team in both the development and support of tools and applications to successfully achieve our business goals inclusive of security, customer satisfaction, and stockholder value.
- Provide automation and tool support with the engineering team.
- Collaborate with the CIS Product Development, CIS Architecture, and Global Architecture teams to continue to evaluate, recommend, and integrate new securitytechnology and tools into the business.
- Demonstrate team success in support of the business goals through defined metrics, and reliable reporting strategies that effectively communicate successes and progress of the security program to staff through executive levels.
- Provide line support to assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution as required, and called upon from time to time including off-hours support on an infrequent but as needed basis.
- Provide technical security guidance and hands-on validation of applications during the design, development, and testing of systems.
- Lead the team in automation of security analysis, security patch configuration/deployment/validation, and real-time reporting including alert/fix/resolution tracking.
- Support the team in the following responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as application remediation, testing, and deployment.
- Create and maintain security documentation including requirements definitions, risk assessments, and high-level/detailed design documents.
**Location: Preferredlocation would be Schaumburg, IL however will consider otherlocations as well.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years in progressive professional roles involving information security and/or IT management.
- A bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience in Information Security is preferred.
- Proven record of success in security engineering with enterprise securitytechnology.
- Experience in designing and building securitytechnology solutions aligned to company standards and industry best practices.
- Experience working in a complex, matrix organization, and working with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets.
- Experience and working knowledge in applying information security methods, protocols and best practices to existing product is preferred. Managing portfolio of applications, system, and vulnerability remediation in an evolving DevSecOps culture and environment.
- Exposure to security domain tools including those for encryption, public/private key, vulnerabilities, pen testing, cross-site scripting and scanning/remediation.
- Experience in developing and coding secure applications. Java is requiredbut knowledge of bothJavaand C++ are preferred. Experience with .Net is a plus.
- Working knowledge of automation scriptingrequired. Experience with Perl or Python is preferred, and otherscriptingexperience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux environments is required, along with Hadoop. Cloudera is preferred.
- Working knowledge of automated configuration and deployment of tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of software development practices and IT operations life cycles is required.
- Experience working in ScrumAgile environment is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with business and other IT managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with development, operations, project, management, and business personnel.
- Applies existing knowledge, and ability to learn and apply more. Tries new approaches and learns from each work assignment.
- Demonstrates flexibility within a variety of changing situations, while working with individuals and groups.Multitasks when required, and where minimal supervision is required – demonstrates ability to produce quality product and achieve assigned goals.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of software quality and security as is appropriate for high-availability, mission-critical systems.