Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
· Be comfortable in a diverse role that may require expertise in the full lifecycle
· Analyze security requirements, identify gaps, and advise on best practices
· Act as a security SME that is able to architect secure solutions alongside engineering teams
· Evaluate and recommend future technologies
· Present at brown bags and educate internal customers on security best practices
· Clearly and concisely present vulnerabilities to non-technical and technical audiences
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate security risk to non-technical and technical audiences
· Previous experience as a security SME for internal or external customers
· Direct experience in public/private cloud environments like AWS or Openstack
· Software development experience with Java, Python, or C/C++
· Experience working in a DevOps or SecDevOps environment
· Knowledge of unique security concerns in offline systems
· Extensive experience threat modeling and identifying security risk in myriad ecosystems
· Familiar with compliance frameworks like ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, and NIST
· Preferably penetration testing experience
· Preferably experience using vulnerability scanners and translating results
· Preferably previous experience in a PCI environment
Years of experience: 6-8Education: BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Back to search jobs
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse enviroment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or veteran status.