And we aren’t stopping there. We seek to bring that same openness and simplicity to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
About the role:
The Security Engineer reports to the Director of Technical Operations and is an experienced and knowledgeable engineer in the TechOps Organization in the areas of Application Security and Information Security. They also have experience implementing, using, and maintaining Security Tools for a business with over 50 employees, such as SIEM, Intrusion Detection, and Vulnerability Scanners. They have experience working closely with stakeholders across the business - both technical and non-technical.
What we ask for:
- 2+ years of experience implementing and using security tools, such as Antivirus Software, Intrusion Detection, SIEM, Firewalls and Vulnerability Scanners.
- 1+ years experience securing production infrastructure in AWS.
- 1+ years experience security corporate systems, including laptops and networks.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools and methods.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, forensic tools, technologies, and methods.
- Strong technical understanding of modern Cloud-based applications such as G Suite, Dropbox, DocuSign/HelloSign, SalesForce.
- Strong technical understanding of the modern software development lifecycle and Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Containerization (Docker).
- Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, performance monitoring, caching, load balancing and logging.
- Professional experience with modern operating systems in a business environment: 2yrs+ Linux/UNIX server OSes, as well as Mac and Windows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate concisely with technical and non-technical staff across the business, including experience producing documentation.
- Demonstrates excellent team and cross-functional collaboration, exhibiting professionalism and empathy for other functional groups within the business.
- Experience using agile methodologies to plan and track project work.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in DevOps, Systems Administration or Software Engineering.
- Experience working with Software and SaaS vendors through trials, new implementations, renewals, and decommissioning.
- Experience in Mobile Device Management.
- Experience with SAML Single Sign-On.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with compliance programs such as CCPA, PCI, SOC2, SOX, ITGC.