The Security Engineering team focuses on the maturity of RQ customers' security tools, driving efficacy for customer solutions and working directly with RQ internal SOC teams. Security Engineers are assigned directly to customers, being a key driver in conjunction with Delivery Managers and content development teams, to build and execute roadmaps to improve the tool efficacy of our customer's solutions. If you have been interested in helping our partners drive the efficacy of their security tools, improve their security model, grow towards becoming a subject matter expert in various industry leading technologies and get hands-on with engineering and architecture, this is your opportunity.
The everyday hustle:
- Log Source Integrations
- SIEM Component Installs and Upgrades
- SIEM Health Checks
- Executive Business Reviews
- Architecture Design and Implementation
- Roadmap Creation
- Maintain, Upgrade, and Test in RQ Development Labs
- Company Reimbursed Travel <5%
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Foundational knowledge in Systems Administration / Engineering with Windows and/or Linux
- Functional knowledge of Linux (various flavors RedHat, Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of Networking concepts
- Foundational knowledge of and passion for Cyber Security concepts and topics
- Strong problem solving and abstract reasoning abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate great Attitude, Energy, and Effort
- Must be able to be Adaptable, Focused, Accountable, and Helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals
What makes you uncommon?
- Prior SIEM experience and/or administration
- Hands-on experience with parsing data, log formats, regular expressions
- Scripting experience (bash, PowerShell, python).