Position Title: Security Engineer
Position Number: 260293
Location: Raleigh, NC
Desired Skill Set:
CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, CISSP, LAN, VPN, WAN
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.
Role: Firewall Specialist
Location: Raleigh, NC 27603
This position will support the ongoing operations and maintenance of the HB1779 project Tax and Tag System.
This position will support the ongoing operations and maintenance of the HB1779 project Tax and Tag System. The purpose of the position is to design, configure, test, implement, monitor, and maintain the client computer network security infrastructure, primarily client Cisco ASA firewalls, for deployment and operational support related to DMV Tax and Tag operations. Candidate must be proficient in advanced Cisco ASA configuration, deployment and operational support and be familiar with the latest Cisco ASA hardware, operating system versions and functionality. Candidate must have experience and ability supporting a large quantity of Cisco ASA firewalls in the field, in this case 120+ Cisco ASA appliances. Candidate will assist the Network Services Team providing advanced technical production configuration and support primarily for firewall services. The candidate will interact with employees at all levels in all DMV and other DOT offices across the state as needed to implement network security solutions and provide an advanced point of escalation for network security issues related to DMV Tax and Tag operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
• Advanced experience with enterprise and data center security policy design and deployment using Cisco ASA firewalls, specifically Cisco ASA appliances and HA (high availability active/standby) environments. 2+ years advanced level hands-on experience.
• Proficient operational configuration and support of site-to-site VPN solutions using Cisco ASA firewalls.
• Proficient operational support of Cisco ASA firewall operating system upgrades, specifically to ASA IOS version 8.4 and beyond, and experience demonstrating ability to manage scheduling of upgrades of 120+ ASA firewalls across the state.
• Moderate familiarity with current network technologies and equipment, particularly data center LAN and WAN environments.
• Experience with structured change management processes.
• Ability to manage tasks and meet schedules.
• Must have good organizational and English communication skills, written and oral.
• Must have excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
• Willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Willingness to accommodate occasional regional travel.
• A minimum of 7 years direct hands-on experience with Cisco ASA firewall products.
• Prefer experience with Firemon.
• Prefer experience with QRadar.
• Experience installing, configuring and operating Cisco ACS 5.x.
• Currently active CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, or CISSP certifications, expiration within past 2 years.
• Currently active CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert) Security certification, or expiration within past 5 years.
• Cisco firewall configuration and troubleshooting Required 7 Years
• VPN configuration and troubleshooting Highly desired 7 Years
• Sourcefire / FireSight IPS management Desired 6 Months
• Experience with QRadar and Firemon Nice to have 1Years
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.