Perspecta has an immediate need for a Security Engineer to support the National Environmental Satellite, Data, and Information Service (NESDIS) of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). A candidate in this role will have active participation in security activities for a FISMA system migrating to the Cloud.
The responsibilities of a candidate in this role will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the development and engineering team in preparing for and meeting all security requirements to successfully complete all steps of the Security Authorization and Assessment process for FISMA systems
- Support the ISSO to provide recommended corrective actions and review / validate Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms) for each non-compliant control
- Review and validate all relevant NIST P 800-53 Security Controls and/or applicable departmental policies and procedures for each IT system.
- Ability to identify problems and prepare technical and non-technical reports.
- Support audit reviews such as; physical security, network, and application.
- Lead the development of documentation of the NIST SP 800-53 security controls where applicable.
- Provide ongoing security guidance and support to the development and engineering teams throughout the system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Requires 10 to 12 years’ experience with a BS/BA degree or 8 to 10 years with a MS/MA degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST security standards
- Understanding of security and compliance, including the shared security model, for on-prem and Cloud systems
- CISSP Security certification. Other certifications will be considered.
- Knowledge, understanding, and hands-on experience of NIST SP 800-53 Rev4 policies and implementation.
- Knowledge and experience with information security and assurance principles.
- Experience with NIST RMF and continuous monitoring
- US Citizenship, eligibility to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Amazon Web Services Associate level certification (Solutions Architect, Developer, SysOps Administrator, Security specialty)
- Prior experience serving as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) preferred