PayScale is the world leader in moderncompensation software. Our rich data and unique algorithms power the world’s largest real-time database of salary profiles giving both employers and employees immediate visibility into the right pay for any position. We believe that transparent, fact-based relationships between companies and employees will generate the best outcomes, enabling both to thrive. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping more than 5,000 businesses to stay competitive in the labor market and retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re disrupting the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals with diverse perspectives. We foster a playful work atmosphere where highly motivated individuals can be truly innovative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
Headquartered in Seattle's Pioneer Square neighborhood, we are a fast-growing Warburg Pincus portfolio company who is thrilled to have brought the MarketPay product into our suite of offerings in 2016. We can't wait for you to join us!
This individual will serve as a Security Engineer for multiple product lines, and requires in-depth engineering knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) platforms. Provide technical responses, technical implementations, and technical training for clients and potential clients. Provide commentary on technical contracting, security baselines, and best practices.
In this role, this individual will:
- Ensure the integrity of host computers, multiple databases and secure data transfers
- Maintain existing capabilities and implement appropriate up to datesecuritytechnologies
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files and contribute in building securityarchitecture
- Assist in the technical preparation of RFPs/RFIs and proposals to be submitted to customers
- Act as a key point-of-contact between the sales staff and the otherengineering departments with regards to technical issues concerning bid and proposal efforts
- May develop preliminary project schedules
- May serve as a point of contact for non-routine technical issues on major client accounts
- Conduct technical presentations to clients on the company and our products
- Work directly with Development, Information Technology, Sales, and Security leads
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Identifies potential opportunities with existing and new clients
- Attention to detail, answering questions fully, and maintaining a comprehensive bank of questions and answers
- Works under moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgment
- Experience with SOC1/SOC2/SOX or other AICPA framework audits.
- Participate in yearly auditing activities
- Knowledge or familiarity of web stack technologies including Apache, NodeJS, HA proxy, NGINX a plus
- Knowledge of secure communications including: ssh, sftp, https, and other secure TCP transmission protocols and how they are used throughout the industry
- Strong technical writing skills
- Extensive language skills in responding to technical RFPs/RFIs and coordination of security activities when dealing with customers
- Strong communication skills especially in translating technical tasks to less technical audiences
- 3-5 years experience in field
- May be occasional travel involved