We're looking for a security engineer to join our team and help us continue to move both fast and safely so we can have the most impact on the outcomes of patients facing serious diseases. We want a security team that builds automated tools and pipelines to help make security and compliance here at PathAI easy, instant, and omnipresent. If you're the right candidate, you'll be part of the team in no time:
- Contribute to the design, build, and maintenance of PathAI’s security architecture and infrastructure.
- Lead and conduct research into vulnerabilities that affect networks, servers, instances, and containers across multiple products and environments.
- Model threats that could impact our AWS/cloud and data center environments, and practically apply principles, best practices, and relevant standards.
- Build monitoring systems, instrument containers, and scan networks.
- Support risk management and compliance activities, building tools and infrastructure in code so we can spend less time producing documentation and evidence.
- Work with product engineers and product managers, when appropriate, to mitigate discovered risks and threats, and evangelize best practices and security tooling.
- Value automation of processes, helping security tooling to be transparent and ubiquitous throughout the PathAI technology stack.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. This role will require at least 2-4 years experience working in the software development industry as an engineer with responsibilities relating to both security and DevOps.
- Exposure. You shouldn’t be a newcomer to the key components in our stack. Web technologies, Python, AWS, Linux, containers (Docker, Kubernetes), and CI/CD pipelines should be a part of your repertoire. You don’t need to be an expert in everything, but you should have been around the block once or twice.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- Tenacity. We're doing some big things, and we'll find some roadblocks along the way, big and small. A big part of this role is keeping an even keel and finding the route through or around the obstacles.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap