Nuro is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
As one of the first security engineers hired at Nuro, you will play a major role in architecting and building our security infrastructure and processes as well as building a best-in-class security team. This position demands broad security expertise, engineering skills, and determined execution.
About the Work
- Provide mentorship to engineering on all security related subjects including robots, backend, and general IT infrastructure. Work closely with other teams to implement recommendations
- Assess security of existing systems and processes, identify risk areas, propose and execute initiatives to address them
- Demonstrate keen discernment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting the entire business
- Comprehend and plan for security at scale taking into consideration implications to the entire Nuro ecosystem
- Regularly communicate progress to company leadership and program stakeholders
- You are a security generalist with broad interest, deep experience, and real passion for securing systems and developing creative security solutions
- Ability to analyze and identify security shortcomings in complex software systems with a hacker mindset and technical skills to propose and implement solutions
- Experience in security related aspects in the following areas: operating systems, networking protocols, authentication, cloud services, applied cryptography
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts and risks clearly and persuasively in a highly eng-driven environment
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C++ and python
- You have start-up DNA: You have demonstrated an ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic, start-up environment or have the DNA to do so