Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
Evaluates, designs, integrates, implements, validates and documents security for enterprise/departmental applications and enterprise networkinfrastructure to meet hardening guidelines and HIPAA requirements. The Security Engineer supportssecurity solutions to deploy, implement and manage making sure they are security compliant, handling routing and switching, intrusion detection and prevention, monitor traffic, and understand how to react to threats. Works withVPN, content filtering for internet access, deploying and configuring data access. Responsibilities include:
- Ensures applicable information security design considerations are appropriately inclusive within all new and existing computing environments.
- Enforces security hardening guidelines.
- Evaluates operation of enterprise/departmental applications and enterprise networkinfrastructure to ensure compliance.
- Provides regulatory/best practice framework for security operational execution.
- Provides engineeringsupport to security operations.
- Enforces security documentation standards, policies and procedures for enterprise security environments.
- Prepares recommendations for security enhancements and upgrades to IS infrastructure.
- Maintains standards, risk assessments, documentation and procedures related to security for the Information Services Production, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery environments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Computer Science or related field(s) typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience including at least one (1) yearhealthcare and lead experience.
- Minimum securityengineering skills-sets: Security resource hardening (Unix and Microsoft); Security resource audit; Security resource architectural design and implementation; Firewall resource engineering management (Cisco/CheckPoint); IDS resource engineering management (SNORT); Security vulnerability scanning resource engineering management (Security Expressions/NESSUS); Network resource engineering management (Cisco).