Primary Job Functions
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans that work at scale
- Implement automation of vulnerability scanning and detection
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate all security-focused tools and services
- Build and deploy automation for monitoring our infrastructure, application, and network
- Assist in the development and enforcement of security policies and best practices
- Mentor the entire Linode team on security best practices
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Mitigate abusive activities such as botnets, DDoS, and spamming
- Live and breathe all things security and be an advocate for customer trust and privacy protection
- 5+ years of system, network, and/or application securityexperience
- Strong understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking concepts
- Experience with penetration testing and vulnerability scanning tools
- Experience with TCP/IP, packet analysis, and iptables
- Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company (product development, operations, networking, etc.)
- Experience in automation of tasks through scripting or programming with Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Understanding and familiarity of the fundamentals of Linux scriptinglanguages; Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with version control; specifically Git and GitHub
- Must be able to participate in 24/7 incident response.