LendingClub (NYSE: LC) opened in 2007 with one simple mission: create a more efficient, transparent and customer-friendly alternative to the traditional banking system that offers creditworthy borrowers lower interest rates and investors better returns. Today, we’re the world’s largest online credit marketplace, and we’re radically changing the way lending operates - $1 billion at a time. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received, including being named one of Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies three years in a row, a 2012 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and one of The World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Finance by Fast Company in 2013. We're conveniently located in downtown San Francisco, California.
The Security Engineer plays a key role in building security capabilities and increased automated efficiency for LendingClub's security mission. The engineer works closely with Engineer, DevOps and Technical Operations to help transform the organization towards LendingClub's foundational shift towards greater use of microservices and cloud based infrastructure.
As a senior member of the team, your focus will be building and maintaining relationships with different business units, influencing and injecting secure ideas in the roadmap, promoting best security practices, solving world-class security challenges, and pushing your engineering knowledge and expertise.
- You will become an expert in the Lending Club software stack and inject security best practices.
- You will drive security engineering and architecture efforts for our production infrastructure.
- You will support PKI and Cryptography practices
- You will collaborate with internal stakeholders on addressing systemic security issues.
- You will participate in security reviews to ensure timely evaluation per risk based approaches.
- You will develop new, innovative solutions to support the organization and the architectural roadmap
- Minimum 3 years in the field of software engineering with 2+ years in security in engineering.
- Infrastructuresecurityarchitecture and design experience with large scale customer facing production operations in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and other public and private cloud infrastructure is recommended.
- Ability to understand, measure and communicate risks associated to the business.
- Advanced knowledge of the following:
- Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, SSH, TLS, etc.
- Authentication protocols such as OAuth, SAML, RADIUS, etc.
- Encryption Standards and practical implementations such as PKI, TLS.
- Secure password storage techniques and standards.
- Knowledge on load balancers, network device authentication, firewalls, network segregation, VPNs, SIEM would be a plus.
- Understanding of GLBA, SOX, Financial is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or similar combination of education and experience.
- MS in CS or equivalent experiencepreferred.