There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
The Infrastructure Protection Security team is a global engineering team which helps Googlers design, build, and use infrastructure securely at scale. Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating securityinfrastructure and processes. We contribute to open source security software, conduct applied research, and implement novel technologies and architecture to deal with enterprise security across a diversity of computing platforms such as mobile and cloud.
Examples include establishing and enforcing perimeters to protect all of Google’s environments, defending a diverse set of clients and servers in hostile environments, from common operating systems to emerging software and hardware platforms, and evolving authentication, access infrastructure, and policy to simplify user experience and keep Google safe.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Design infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect Google networks and systems.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Google engineering and business teams.
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Drive enterprise focused security improvements to Google products and services.
- Build security tools and processes using Python or Go for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in security.
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods, with experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation or frameworks.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.