Senior Security Engineers provide the organization with security knowledge and expertise applied to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services. While the senior role may be involved with the day-to-day activities such as installation, configuration, upgrading and troubleshooting of the organization's network security services, the focus is on development and implementation of standards, processes, and procedures the improve the security posture of the business. Senior Security Engineers are also engaged in major business initiatives, balancing the needs of the business against regulations, security best practices, and policies, with an appreciation for the current and future threat landscape. Senior Security Engineers serve as mentors to their junior counterparts, providing guidance, knowledge transfer, and documentation.
- Architect enterprise firewall platforms, with a focus on comprehensive design. Ensures that all firewalls are consistent in coverage and provide effective protection.
- Represent the Enterprise Data Security department's interests on major project efforts through their completion and validate that the security controls implemented are functioning as intended.
- Architect enterprise Internet proxy platforms, with a focus on comprehensive design. Ensures that all proxies are consistent in coverage and provide effective protection.
- Lead incident response and troubleshooting activities for issues involving network security infrastructure, with a focus on root cause determination and corrective actions.
- Architect and guide the implementation of remote access systems (incl. wireless and VPN) for Paychex employees and 3rd Parties. Ensure that the remote access systems are consistent in coverage and effectively enforce policy.
- Document environment builds and design appropriate backup processes to reconstruct any system as required. Standardize all documentation and backup methodologies to serve as guidance for the rest of the team.
- Teach, guide, and provide technical leadership to junior security personnel.
- Establish network level technical security controls that are scalable, effective, and automation-ready for cloud and virtualization platforms.
- Develop specific network security recommendations for emerging technologies, network services, new architectures and designs, integrated customer networks, and relevant custom or commercial applications to ensure that Paychex stays current with emerging security threats.
- Bachelor's Degree in Security or another related field - Required
- 10+ years of experience in Supporting enterprise level firewall and web proxy solutions.
- 5 years of experience in IDS/IPS or other network monitoring solutions.
- 5 years of experience in Security controls (including but not limited to: remote access, wireless networks, VPN technologies, and host based firewalls).
- 5 years of experience in Secure configuration and policy governance of hosted platforms.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Vendor technical or industry certification(s) a plus. CISSP, SANS GIAC, CCNA, CCSA/CCSE, etc.