Responsible for engineering activities that monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and electrical systems.
Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff on the operation and implementation of existing and new security technologies and tools to improve security operations and service delivery.
Tunes existing technologies to integrate the latest threat intelligence and develop requirements for new operational counter-measures and their deployment. Serves as the technical network security expert. Leads and coordinates the incident response process for network security operations and communicate event status to leadership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement an effective vulnerability management infrastructure and processes to ensure that Charter’s network is securely configured and appropriately protected.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Recommends, designs and implements security applications and controls that acquire and correlate security relevant system and application log data to alert and report on potential securityevents.
- Recommends, designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security
- Operations and provides ongoing system support.
- Implements, maintains and monitors threat intelligence data from various resources that is relevant to Charter’s networks and systems.
- Recommends, designs and implements the system logic to detect securitythreats.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Master’s or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or related work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of IT/networkexperience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Information securityexperience
- Minimum of two (2) years of Information security operations experience
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and log management tools
- Computer forensics tools, such as Encase or FTK
- Previous experience in a Security Operations team
- Incident Response management
- Certifications and/or Licenses
- Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- Office Environment
- Minimal Travel Required.