TheSecurity Engineer isresponsible forsecurity system evaluation, design, configuration, and deployment. TheSecurity Engineer provides support to planning, designing and implementingsecurity controls which safeguard and monitorevents for information systems, enterprise applications, outsourced services and data.InformationSecurity
- Deep understanding of securitythreats and researches , designs, configures and deploys solutions to protect from current and future threats. Reviews firewall and critical system access changes for possible securityrisks.
- Performs reviews of security solutions deployed on-premises and in the cloud to identify potential gaps in coverage.
- Advises on security concerns and provides options and solutions to resolve these concerns.
- Reviews proposed securityinfrastructure changes of all other team members as well as other groups and departments to maintain a high level of security integrity.
- Proposes and helps review security plans and policies to improve the security environment.
- Performs on-going security system maintenance and device change management to maintain persistent availability and uptime.
- Researches and implements new technologies to improve and grow the securityinfrastructure (e.g. applications, systems, outsources services).
- Plans and monitors capacity of all security devices to keep ahead of future growth, reporting capacity needs and works to ensure maximum uptime.
- Works towards providing a fully redundant high availability securityinfrastructure at all times.
- Maintains operational guidelines, diagrams and documentation for security and infrastructure.
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Obtains information and stays up to date on the latest threats and security trends in a fast and efficient way so as to keep secured against these threats.
Service Desk and Incident Management
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of security issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience with information security
- Working experience with Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) & Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS)
- Working experience with Firewall configuration and monitoring
- Working experience with endpoint protection solutions
- Working experience deploying and maintaining security solutions both on-premises and cloud
- CISSP, CISM, or CSSP certification(s)
- Network / System Administration experience / background