Position Description Overview
First Data’s Global Cyber Security & Fraud group is seeking a motivated and out-going individual to function as a liaison between security and business teams focusing on cryptographic requirements and risks. Candidate must possess a strong desire to think critically and explore new ideas, evaluate solutions and processes holistically, and be comfortable speaking with and presenting to all levels of management.
- Consult with business, legal and technical personnel, clients, vendors, auditors and senior management to determine requirements for: cryptographic capabilities within payment processing systems with an emphasis on merchant acquiring cryptographic controls within support processes and systems management new clients and support changes for existing clients.
- New product and development initiatives.
- Perform solution, process and risk reviews, including the evaluation of data protection requirements, system and procedural security controls, and appropriateness of encryption schemes.
- Assist in reviews of client processing setups to prevent or detect potential issues.
- Perform data collection, validation and analysis to generate and disseminate reporting and metrics on the effectiveness of cryptographic controls and risks.
- Assist with cryptographic service delivery tasks, including the generation, loading, exchange and destruction of sensitive information.
- Practical experience developing or analyzing application security controls, information and protection requirements, process and data flows improvements and security risk assessments.
- Knowledge of cryptography standards and payment network compliance requirements.
- An understanding of how payment transactions are facilitated between consumers, merchants, acquirers and processes using a variety of payment devices, including POS, ATM, Mobile, etc.
- Experience applying a quality management or process improvement framework such as Six Sigma, or an information security / operational risk management framework.
- 2+ years administering or managing financial payment solutions and/or systems employing cryptography and/or 5+ years working in an information security, compliance and/or technology audit function.
- Periodically assist with off-hours/overnight support activities.
- Travel up to 20% annually.