Based in beautiful Irvine, CA, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader in the mobile connected economy and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. We offer solutions that provide visibility and traceability of mobile assets, their passengers and contents anywhere in the world at any moment in time. In the process, we enable more efficient utilization of assets and natural resources, assure the safety of precious cargo, and improve road safety to save lives.
Currently, we are seeking a Security Engineer with at least 3 years of experience. This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly traded tech company yet nurture innovation and embody an entrepreneurial spirit. In particular, we offer:
- Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
- Visionary leadership
- Excellent compensation packages
- An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
- Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
- Work with engineering and IT teams to design security into systems and drive security reviews
- Catalyze security improvements that matter
- Investigate technologies that could qualitatively improve security posture
- Develop and deploy tools to assist in modeling, analysis, detection, and prevention of security threats
- Threat modeling, mitigation, validation, including software and hardware penetration testing
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in computer science, software engineering, IT systems, or technical discipline; or 2+ years of software/hardware security experience without a degree
- Experience designing and implementing security solutions for operating systems, distributed systems, and/or firmware/IoT devices
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: red teaming, blue teaming, implementing advanced security technologies, or software engineering
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols; including the TCP/IP stack as well as TLS, DTLS, and UDP based protocols
- Ability to analyze and design secure network architecture and communications protocols
- Security expertise in 2 or more of: Python, Java, C++, ARM, CAN, cryptography, exploit development.
- Security by design with Embedded Software/Hardware
- Experience in navigating large, complex, interactive and/or distributed systems
- Experience with fuzzing, buffer overflows, and other common exploits
- Experience identifying and mitigating a range of security vulnerabilities
- Experience with security technologies such as AV, EDR, SIEM, MFA, SSO, etc.
- Experience with cloud and implementing security in AWS, Azure, and other cloud technologies
- Experience running incident response processes and/or incident response playbooks
- Able to work with little supervision, in a team, and with other teams and their processes
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and teams
- Desire and ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Demonstrated skill in hardware and software security
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to deal with ambiguity.