GTL is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the Security Operations Director, the Security Engineer will focus on the implementation and enhancement of security controls and processes at GTL’s customer facilities. Responsibilities will include performing risk assessments, communicating security risks and trends to the organization, IT security auditing, vulnerability and penetration testing, network monitoring and Android tablet security auditing.
This will be a remote based opportunity with a preference to be located in one of the following areas: Houston, TX, Dallas, TX or Mobile, AL.
- Responsible for GTL facility side security including, but not limited to patching, router/firewall audits, anti-virus, network hardening, system hardening, vulnerability and penetration testing and asset inventory.
- Continuous review and improvement of all GTL security policies and procedures.
- Internal and external vulnerability and penetration testing of GTL data center networks.
- Conduct hardware penetration testing.
- Incident response testing.
- Perform social engineering audits.
- Run corporate risk assessments.
- Provide daily operational activities such as reviewing and responding to security events from log monitoring software, anti-virus, badge system, intrusion prevention systems, security audits, etc.
- Responsible for providing security best practice recommendations on operating system tuning, hardening, administration and monitoring of workstations and servers.
- Perform security audits across all devices connected to any GTL network including, but not limited to, servers, switches, routers, firewalls, badge systems, IDS/IPS devices and VPNs.
- Research, test and implement new security technologies.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a technical concentration preferred; equivalent years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Security experience, specifically related to Security Operations and/or Risk and Security measures.
- Advanced security certifications desired (i.e. CEH, CPT, CISA, CCNA Security, CISM, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in AWS cloud security, Elastic and similar search technologies.
- Well versed in common hacking/security tools (i.e. Nessus, Splunk, CrowdStrike, Palo Alto, Kali, Core Impact, etc).
- Proficient in all versions of Windows Server, VMWare ESX, RedHat and Ubuntu.
- Experience with configuring WINS, DNS, Active Directory, Domain Trusts and Domain Shares.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to employees and third parties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the IT security risk landscape.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while meeting competing deadlines.
- Experience with ProxMox and Chef is a plus.
- Cisco command line interface, preferred.
- Must be will and able to travel up to 10% of the time.