Security Engineer (Cyber Security Architect)
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING FOR …
See what it is like to work at ViaSat:
Launch your career with ViaSat! ViaSat is a global broadband services technology company who securely connects consumers, businesses, and governments to the internet, anywhere in the world via satellite. ViaSat is not just an industry leader; we are a market disrupter - pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by creating what doesn’t exist. We thrive on accomplishing what others have proclaimed the impossible. Our competitive advantage is our people and technology. We attract & retain some of the world’s top talent. At ViaSat, you will have the opportunity to work on the toughest technical problems alongside leaders of the industry in an informal, campus-like atmosphere. The work is demanding, but the results are meaningful and rewarding. Come be a part of this exciting company where you will drive your own career without lanes, where the possibilities are limitless!
WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH …
Our Cyber Security Team is dedicated to keeping ViaSat’s data and employees safe from malicious cyber-attacks while preserving our casual, startup atmosphere. As ViaSat continues to grow into other business areas, there will always be a new struggle for you to tackle, requiring new, creative solutions and processes for you to create. As such, we promote continual growth through education, conferences, and certifications. Our Cyber Security is a diverse, passionate, energetic, collaborative team that promotes a vocal round table. If you are energized by coming up with creative security solutions in a collaborative, spirited environment, then keep reading.
WHO YOU ARE …
You are an engineer who has developed significant expertise in cybersecurity ... are you ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world’s most cutting-edge mobile SATCOM and networking technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are being counted on to design and implement commercial and government cybersecurity solutions that are both defensible and compliant to the latest security controls and effective at preventing intrusions? Can you keep pace with a rapidly expanding network and enjoy the opportunities that come with it? Sound interesting? Keep reading!
You will use your cybersecurityengineering expertise to architect, specify, design, implement, document, test, troubleshoot and deploy secure network and cybersecurity solutions; drive necessary cybersecurity compliance to government and commercial requirements but not sufficient; provide critical securityarchitecturesupport using a variety of network communication protocols. Because cybersecurity is your passion, you are a continuous learner..
You will be directly involved in a diverse number of SATCOM communications programs and projects for US DoD, commercial, and residential customers as well as commercial applications. This fast-paced multi-tasking environment requires you to collaborate with a broad spectrum of program managers and hardware/software/project engineers on a regular basis. You may occasionally travel to participate in field work at customer sites internationally and domestically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
- Secure software or system design
- 2+ years’ experience designing and implementing systems to be compliant to security controls, preferably Risk Management Framework, ISO 27001, or Center for Internet Security
- 5+ years’ experience with system requirements, architecture, design, interface development, and test approach in IP network environments preferably for SATCOM networks
- Familiar with networking and protocols such as TCP, HTTP/HTTPS, IPSEC, BGP, VLANs, TLS
- 3+ years’ experience in networksecurity with IA or IA enabled devices (e.g., Routers/ASA Firewalls/SIEM, IDS, etc.)
- Practical design experience using applied IT securitytechnologies such as two-factor authentication, enterprise PKI, encryption, cryptographic authentication and integrity, network access control, intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewall, behavior analysis, end point detection and response, active directory, Role Based Access Control, AAA, secure software download, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make security a business enabler using risk based decisions incorporating threat models and assessments to design effective security solutions using a holistic based approach that covers the entire cyber kill chain
- Thrive in an agile, collaborative, and multi-disciplined environment.
- U.S. government position. U.S. citizenship required.
- This position requires 10%Travel
- Experience with offensive security concepts to include Ethical hacking
- Knowledge of continuous monitoring
- Knowledge of continuous Certification and Accreditation (aka near real-time C&A)
- Knowledge of incidence response and handling methodologies
- Knowledge of intrusion detection methodologies and techniques for detecting host and network based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies
- Knowledge of network management protocols and tools such as SNMP, LDAP and AAA
- Experience with satellite communications systems/terminals
- Recognized industry or security (CISSP, GIAC, GPEN, etc.) certifications, and/or continuing education programs
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work, and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite, you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.