The Security Engineer serves an essential role in providing support in the identification, escalation and remediation of threats and incidents. The primary goal is to manage and maintain proactive contact with partners experiencing an incident. This individual is also heavily involved in the maintaining of process around our incident notification and response capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accountable and responsible for Incident Response, Partner Communication, Resolution, and Escalation for a defined set of Incidents
- Participate in Incident Response Processes maintaining a calm, directive customer service attitude.
- Work cross functionally with other parts of the Organization
- Staying up to date with emerging security threats including applicable regulatory security requirements
- Ability to quickly adapt and master new technology/processes as per the business/partner requirement
- Familiar with TCP/IP model to perform isolation and other actions pertaining to security events and network troubleshooting
- Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures
- Prioritize work and maintain a high level of professionalism in a highly dynamic work environment
- Meet performance objects
- Maintain a high degree of customer service
- Follow escalation procedures for interfacing with other engineers and teams
- Maintain consistent threat handling and remediation procedures (use of systems)
- Utilize the internal Knowledge Base to assist with resolution of threats
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Relevant professional experience including working knowledge or high-level awareness of the following technologies:
- Log Management and Event Management
- Firewalls, Routers (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
- Network Analysis Tools (e.g. NMAP, NetWitness, Wireshark, etc.)
- Windows Management (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, SCOM, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, etc.)
- Vulnerability Management and Penetration Testing Tools
- Operating Systems (e.g. Windows 7+, Windows Server OS’s, CentOS Linux, OSX, etc.)
- Experience and understanding of the Incident Response Life cycle.
- Experience and understanding of anti-virus/EDR/SIEM solution
- Experience in participating in team environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with various audiences; mature, confident, assertive communication style.
- Needs to be flexible with shift hours
- High levels of patience and calm under pressure to facilitate customer interactions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness to make changes or adapt as the situation dictates
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- ITIL Foundations preferred
- Certifications: CompTIA Sec+ (required) and One or more of - EC Council, Offensive Security, ISC2, ISACA (required)
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field required
- 2 to 3 years of experience in a Cyber Security environment preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a IT support environment preferred