What’s The Role?
Security Engineer will join an existing team supporting Bloomberg’s CSOC. You'll be responsible for availability, reliability and maintainability of systems and data that the CSOC relies on to carry out their mission of security monitoring and incident response across Bloomberg’s vast network. In this role - you will be supporting the existing infrastructure of systems and tools, work to develop new security monitoring solutions, collaborate across the organization to enhance coverage/visibility and bring on new data for security monitoring.
We'll Trust You To:
- Deploy, monitor and manage the systems core to the Cyber Security Operations Center’s (CSOC) ability to perform their mission. This includes commercial, open-source and homegrown technologies such as:
1) Security monitoring products: Splunk, IDS, malware sandboxes, Netflow
2) Infrastructure: VMWare, Docker
3) Databases: MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
4) Monitoring and Automation: Nagios, Ansible
- Fix systems, patch and coordinate with vendors. Ensure all devices are under configuration management, receiving signature updates and maintaining operational readiness
- Engage directly with key partners and system owners to onboard new data sources for security monitoring and make sure that the data flow is restored quickly in case of outages
- Create processes and tools to monitor system health and performance including capacity planning and EOL replacement
- Assist in evaluation and testing of new security software, tools or devices, including active participation in vendor PoCs.
- Maintain security infrastructure documentation and standard operating procedures
You’ll Need To Have:
- Familiarity with log management and SIEM tools and technologies
- Prior experience supporting security devices and systems e.g. Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, Netflow probes, etc.
- Unix and Windows System Administration skills
- Python/Perl/Powershell command line & shell scripting
- Familiarity with tools and technologies listed above
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure devices (e.g. web proxies, firewalls, VPN's, routers/switches, SPAN, Taps, etc.)
Requisition No. 63754